« VP Records makes an offer to aquire Greensleeves Records | Main | Sexy model B. Breezy - "I'm gaining momentum..." »

Reggae singer Jah Cure nominated for numerous awards

"It feels good to know that my music has received such recognition" - Jah Cure

jah_cure_pictures_jamaica_reggae.jpgWith New Year in full swing, ace singer Jah Cure has copped numerous nominations for the upcoming awards season.For the Reggae Academy Awards, which recognises work released between December 1, 2006 and November 30, 2007, Jah Cure has four nominations. Cure is nominated for Most Popular Artiste and Best Solo Male Vocalist while his song Sticky is nominated for Most Popular Song and the album 'True Reflection' is nominated for Album of the Year.

The inaugural presentation of Reggae Academy Awards is set for February 24, at the National Indoor Sports Centre (Jamaica) and Jah Cure will be in Attendance.

For the Excellence In Music And Entertainment (EME) Awards which will be broadcast live on Hot 102 from the gardens of the Jamaica Pegasus on February 7th; Jah Cure is nominated in three categories. Jah Cure has received nominations in the categories song of the year; for his number 1 hit Sticky, Male Vocalist of The Year and Cultural Artiste Of The Year.

For the IRIE FM Music Awards which will be held on February 13, 2008, Jah Cure is nominated in the category, Singer of the Year - Male.

Jah Cure is currently busy in the studio working on new material for 2008 and is appreciative of the recognition his work has earned through these nominations. "It feels good to know that my music has received such recognition, I want my music to reach people and to have a positive affect on their lives and nominations like these show me that I'm doing something right." said a smiling Jah Cure.

BAD-GAL:
Posted by BAD-GAL | January 29, 2008 5:13 PM

U,GO JAH CURE, SIZZLA CANT STOP U MUCH LOVE AN SUCCESS MI ATRIST, FE DI NEW YEAR WHO GOD BLESS NO HATER CURSE. A DAT MI SA

Posted by clare edwards-nelson | January 30, 2008 12:20 AM

GO CURE IM REALY HAPPY FOR YOU ,YOUVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH,AND YOU ARE IN A CLASS BY YOURSELF RIGHT NOW,BLESSUP ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU BABES.

Babybear:
Posted by Babybear | January 30, 2008 8:34 PM

I REALLY DONT GIVE A S@#T HOW GOOD AN ARTISTE HE IS, I HAVEN'T AND WILL NEVER BE A FAN OF HIS. FRANKLY NO ONE SHOULD BE ESPECIALLY US WOMEN! WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW IDOLIZING RAPIST?

Steppa out of Brooklyn, NY:
Posted by Steppa out of Brooklyn, NY | January 31, 2008 3:53 PM

I agree with Babybear 100%. He's a "R*PIST" and i know people are trying to say he's a change man but that still does not change what he did to that young lady. I'm a big fan of my reggae culture, who support the artists but, Cure will never get a second of support from me.

figo:
Posted by figo | March 19, 2008 5:24 PM

next to bob jah cure is the king of reggae sizla is a envious of your fame

crystal in Toco:
Posted by crystal in Toco | April 18, 2008 11:44 AM

god bless in so many ways thank him and keep up the good work. i always listen to you each day you give me inspiration to carry on my each day life. i miss your concert in Trinidad and was very upset.anyway enjoy lyrical words. thank you. if you gat this i would like you to e-mail me back