« Tierra - Sexy Stuff | Main | Vybrant completes Promotional Blitz and looks forward to releasing new music »

One on One With Vybz Kartel - "I put my trust in scientists rather than pastors"

Artist Spotlight: Zo catches up with Vybz Kartel in an in-depth, online interview.

vybzkartel_zobanner.jpgFirebombings, scandalous pictures, beatings, conflicts with artists and producers, visa problems, and getting called into a summit with the Prime Minister - despite all this, Vybz Kartel, aka Addi the Teacher, aka the Gaza King - the infamous Adidja Palmer is still the Last Man Standing. Is the press surrounding these events real or just hype? I sat down with the Gaza Don himself to find out what separates the entertainer Vybz Kartel from the man Adidja Palmer, who I personally think is one of dancehall's most talented writers - whether controversial or conscious.

Zo:

First and foremost, a majority of the comments on Itunes say it's your best album yet. How do you feel about Pon di Gaza 2.0?

mi say di same ting.

Zo:

Why is the Gaza such a significant part of your lyrics in your music?

Vybz Kartel:

It's the nickname of my community. But since its inception everywhere in Jamaica has it graffiti style to show their love for Addi and it's also the unofficial name of the teacher. Like a pseudony.

outaroad_red_carpet_sundayz.jpg

Zo:

Give thanks for that explanation, very articulate - there are a lot of people in the world that don't know that.

Are you the sole writer for the lyrics in 2.0? Where do you draw your inspiration from writing your songs?

Vybz Kartel:

I am the sole writer for every Kartel song ever. Plus I wrote all of Gaza Kim's songs when she was part of the empire and all but one of Lisa Hype's songs when she was a member. Plus I wrote all the songs for Indu, Sheba and Gaza Slim.

My divine inspiration is from life, I get the meditation through divine inspiration

Zo:

What are the two most significant tracks on 2.0?

Vybz Kartel:

That's like asking who my two most significant children from the family of five are (laughing). It's relative to whoever's listening to decide what moves them. All of them are the "fatboy from Hiroshima."

Zo:

A lot of people think that you're a controversial person. I personally think you're extremely talented and you've expressed that in your diversity, why do you think people consider you so controversial, in terms of this gaza vs. gully business?

Vybz Kartel:

In terms of everything. Teacha is a controversial DJ because I choose to be different. I choose not to conform to people's expectations of what an artist should be, do, or say. I'm outspoken and I think, act and react outside the box.

Zo:

Your music is very worldly in inspiration. Do you have a particular spiritual background, or do you adhere to a certain school of thought?

Vybz Kartel:

I think religion is "good" in terms of restricting chaos as it keeps people in check (sort of like an extension of man-made laws). So they, the religious, believe that for every "evil" action (sin) there is a punishment of severe and eternal proportion (burn in hell, blah blah blah). I am spiritual not religious, I put my trust in scientists rather than pastors. I praise life.

Zo:

Nice... What's the reasoning in scientists rather than pastors?

Vybz Kartel:

Science is based on facts - Proof of things through hypothesis, reasoning and trial. Religion is based purely on faith, which in religious ed is "the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." That can't run my life. No I'm not a scientologist freak. Just a Gaza youth

Zo:

What is the experience like being a celebrity in Jamaica? Do you see yourself as a role model or just an entertainer?

Vybz Kartel:

To whom much is given much is expected, but not in a way most people see it. That saying cannot be applied to entertainers or artistes for that matter because we express life and life can be as unpredictable as dice. So don't expect the "expected." I think as an entertainer I cannot be held responsible for growing your child. I do adult entertainment. I am an entertainer, not a religious or political leader nor a school teacher. Can Rambo grow your child? No. But maybe Sylvester Stallone can. You get what I'm saying?

Zo:

As a trendsetter, how do you see yourself in the future of dancehall music?

Vybz Kartel:

As the Russell Simmons of dancehall, that's why I have a record label that signs artistes, handles bookings and artiste development. Merchandising my line of rum, condoms, etc... I want to go into film production as well.

Why Film?

Vybz Kartel:

It's one of the untapped areas of art in Jamaica. We need more films like The Harder They Come, Shottas, etc... to publish the Jamaican experience more vividly.

Zo:

Why are you choosing to remain an independent artist and do your own thing by not adhering to the norm and signing with a major label like Universal or VP?

Vybz Kartel:

It's rebellion against the notion that a label cannot come from Jamaica that can deliver Jamaican music better than a VP or Greensleeves. That's why I released my album on my Adidjaheim/NotNice label before re-releasing with Tads Record Inc as a partner. The initial album sales before the release were poor because I was learning. But the fact I did it on my own is a victory within itself.

Zo:

Do you have any future tour lined up to promote the album?

Vybz Kartel:

Tour? Not really me. Not yet at least. Maybe I'll get the touring attitude when it becomes financially viable like a Michael Jackson tour.

So just who is Vybz Kartel and who is Addija Palmer? A pure genius, he leaves the world in suspense and mystery. One thing I know for sure, he was Zojak World Wide's #1 single-track selling Dancehall artist of 2009. The big hit Romping Shop, featuring Spice, sold over 35,000 downloads and ringtones. For an independent artist who did not tour in 2009, and promotes his music strictly in Jamaica whether physically or online, this truly shows a positive change in the music industry for Jamaican artists.

Pon di Gaza 2.0 is now available on Itunes and a variety of other fine e-tailers worldwide. The physical release is being distributed by Tad's Record Inc.

James Lord, Press Relations
ZOJAK World Wide, LLC

www.zojakworldwide.com
zojakworldwide@gmail.com
Tel:
US +1.954.404.7450
JAM +1.876.471.3580

Krish:
Posted by Krish | March 17, 2010 1:36 PM

WOW...I was a living Gaza fan but I am quickly going off Kartel, he is clearly talented, but incredibly disillusioned...Its a shame that he chooses between scientists and pastors for trust and does not mention God the Almighty...Nevertheless God loves you Kartel, and continue to meditate on your sspirit and don't trust scientists, all they do is past an illusion off as evidence...All a now dem cyar tell we how de world start...Stop and tink bout dat...

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2010 2:19 PM

this is a clear proof that this guy dont believe in god, i really not interested in is music anymore, i think he is misleading young ppl

nikki:
Posted by nikki | March 17, 2010 2:46 PM

I have been baptized and I have gone to catholic and many other types of churches, as Mr. Plamer/Addi/ whatever u wanna call him stated religion is based on "faith"... and that is well and fine for some, but for those who need proof or ask questions that just wont do.... Krish how can evidence be an illusion??? I guess all di guilty men in jail can get out on ur theory..... I believe there is a divine being, who or what that is I can not say but I rather live my life the way I please with respect for others so long as they respect me than to put my "faith" in a man whom is no different from me... Mr. Plamer's level of thinking is on another level unless u are willing to open your eyes and mind... stick wit you "faith" and don't try to overstand... Bless

Posted by fusion | March 17, 2010 2:51 PM

kartel a d man,mi nuh see nuh artist reason like him.everyone is entitled to thier own opinion n belief.gaza mi seh,music mi seh.

Posted by Kerry | March 17, 2010 3:13 PM

Kartel is confused. Scientist as nothing to do with spirituality. He said that he is spiritual this means that he knows that there is a God and within his spirituality he also know that it based on faith. The last time he spoke about religion etc he said that there is No God. Now he is talking about scientist and spiritual. No one is telling him to put his trust in pastors they are humans just as us which means they are imperfect. Kartel it is time you acknowledge that man Jesus Christ.

HAHA:
Posted by HAHA | March 17, 2010 3:33 PM

HAHAHAHA, THIS MAN IS A JOKE ONLY WISE TO FOOLS. SCIENTIST HAVE THIS RIDICULOUS THEORY THAT WE WERE EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS ALSO AND THAT THERE'S NO GOD. GUESS WHAT KARTEL? YOU STICK WITH THE SCIENTIST COS YOU IS THE BIGGEST APE I'VE EVER SEEN AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALSO SAY THAT YOU DON'T BELEIVE IN GOD BECAUSE SCIENCE IS YOUR RILIGION. I GUESS SIGMUND FREUD WAS YOUR ROLE MODEL. THE MOST CORRUPT PSYCHOLOGIST, HE ALSO HAD SEX WITH UNDERAGE GIRLS, HE WAS A FREAK LIKE YOU KARTEL.

Sash:
Posted by Sash | March 17, 2010 5:06 PM

I think this nigga is so stupid..I dnt why decent ppl listen to his crap..go get a life man..and find something do..you sick my damn stomach..

Stepperfi true:
Posted by Stepperfi true | March 17, 2010 6:31 PM

This really proves that Kartel doesn't believe in God. Forget pasters, because alot of them or fake,but he did not mention the Almighty, be said Scientists. And we all know that these scientists doesn't believe in God, every thing that happens is science,just watch Discovery.
But all now they cannot tell me how the earth was created, also they say, was a big explosion, they cannot tell me how the sun was made, in fact they can't even look at it, much more go there, so we know a supreme been did it.
So the fact that Kartel believes in scientists rather than religion(as he said that's faith) tells me he also believes in Masonry, he's a free Mason, he said, hypnoses,trials etc. Masons does this, the man is a devil.

krish:
Posted by krish | March 17, 2010 6:35 PM

shut the f**k up you crazied christian fanatic your the kind person that pushed him away from religion

tassie:
Posted by tassie | March 17, 2010 8:20 PM

he believes in Science not pastors, I understand the reasoning behind being spiritual, it's knowing that there is a higher power that guides us. But to put your trust in Science, what I got out of that is he trust in Science (Obeah). Scientist a fool people at all times, they have the most pseudony. Was never a Gaza or a Gully, but always about Jamaica mi seh... I don't believe in segregating a nation that needs unity. Kartel needs to put the Unity back in CommUNITY and stop talk sh*t. I see him as evil and manipulative.

undergroundking:
Posted by undergroundking | March 17, 2010 8:51 PM

everyone fears god and puts their faith in him not man or scientists.kartel really mess up in his head,gully me say

Posted by livity | March 17, 2010 8:54 PM

yo di man real.............scientist is facts but that doesnt means he is ungodly my girl.........cause me agree with that 100%....cause nuff pastor a fake and child molester............wat hard in that for you to understand weh di man a come from.....

not religious, but there is a god:
Posted by not religious, but there is a god | March 17, 2010 8:57 PM

no one say you fi trust pastor a god you fi trust..god created you kartel, just like he created scientists who question everything,desperate to find answers to confuse mankind remember god is not mocked and all you fame and success you have can be taken away like a bullet and end our life...you are truly talented but your soul is destroyed for lack of knowledge, seek ye 1st the kingdom of god

Speng:
Posted by Speng | March 17, 2010 9:07 PM

Zo must have been "hyping" Kartel throughout the interview. This nigga is just a well read JACK@SS, spouting smart sound $h!t. Kartel could $uck a D!@k and think him can explain it away.

j mobz:
Posted by j mobz | March 17, 2010 9:26 PM

a long time kartel a gwaan so him done sign over him self has a free mason him all have him ring a the devil pickney dat...no gaza vs gully a jamaica mi seh and peace...mi can understand him views but still dont give up hope that theres a god bc if u do then u will have no hope,,.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2010 9:48 PM

HELLBWOY, KARTEL IS A SATANIST FOR REALLL!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2010 9:57 PM

DIS LIKE C*CKHEAD LOOKING BWOY ONLY READ BOOKS AND CHAT SH8T .....KARTEL IS A INTELLIGENT DUNCE HOW YU FI BELIEVE INA SCIENTISTS WEH STILL CYAH CREATE LIFE ? WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM? WHICH SCIENTIST CREATE HUMANITY , THE EARTH , THE CIYCLE OF LIFE ??? WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE??? DAH BWOY YAH GAWN TO CLAAT MI STOP LISTEN TO YU MUSIC KARTEL SERIOUSLY,,,, DAT IS WHY YU CYAH GO NO FURTHER THAN THE STARTING LINE EVERYTHING YU TOUCH TURN TO DUST ALL WHEN IT LOOK GOOD AT FIRST DI ENDS NEVER MEET OUR COME 360DEGREE/ FULL CIRCLE CAUSE YU A DEAL WID HOURSE SHOE 333DEGREE KARTEL A CULT ALONE TALK SUH ... JAMAICA IS A GOD BLESSED PLACE AND IF THIS IS THE KNOWLEDGE WEH YU PLAN FI BUILD UR LEGACY PAN AND PASS ON TO THE NEW GENERATION WOE BE UNTO US .... JAH KNOW STAR AN PPL A COME TELL ME BOUT GAZA MI SEH BULLSH*T OONU A GET OFF TO R999SS

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 12:50 AM

so special sold more than romping shop and no games sold more than twice both of them put together TALK BOUT DAT

Dungkyah:
Posted by Dungkyah | March 18, 2010 12:58 AM

Why ppl believe you have to believe in some God to be a good person.Most people that turn to religion would be vicious if they didn't. They tent to be good out of the fear of God. Not out of the goodness of thier heart.Plus half of whom say they are religious, do it out the fear of what ppl will think of them if they didn't say they are.I try to explain this to ppl all the time,Just the way kartel put it.We boast every day how much churches are in JA. Yet still, JA is the murder capitol of the world.Personaly i think having so much churches show how divided we are as a people. We cant even worship under one roof.
PS: Not a fan of Kartel just his opinion

Posted by Foreigner | March 18, 2010 1:56 AM

HIM NEED GUIDANCE PEOPLE FI REAL

damion:
Posted by damion | March 18, 2010 2:18 AM

There is a lot of sense in Kartel's statements. Whether we are a fan or not we need to examine his statements objectively. We must not allow our emotions or bias to obscure our ability to reason. Firstly, he stated that he did not put his trust in pastors not that he didn't believe in God, two separate issues. There have been several occasions in the past where pastors or other religious leaders have been proven to be wrong by scientists. In 1633, the distinguished Italian scientist Galileo Galilei was imprisoned by the Church and officially charged with heresy. He pronounced that the Sun was the center of our Galaxy and not the Earth as proclaimed by the Church. Based on observations, by way of telescopes, he proposed that the Earth rotates around the Sun. However, this idea (the Copernican system) was against the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. We all know today, based on scientific evidence that the Earth actually does rotate around the Sun. Scientists are professionals just like doctors, lawyers, etc. There are good and bad ones. There are obviously some scientists that have malicious intentions. However, there are a large number that conducts their researches in the hope that it will yield something that will have a positive impact on the world. Nature is quite complicated which means that there are still several phenomenons that scientists will not be able to figure out at this point. One must give them credit though for the several advancements they have made throughout several centuries. The fact that we can at this point communicate with several persons globally in real time via the internet must be attributed to their great work. Let me just state that I, like several other scientists, do believe in God and believe that we were given a complex brain so that we can understand the natural world that we live in. I am disappointed in how some of my fellow jamaicans reason, rather than discussing the points they bellow a diatribe.

tanya:
Posted by tanya | March 18, 2010 3:53 AM

One thing i noticed about him in all interviews, he answer his questions fast and effective, know the meaning to the questions being asked, however he does not or maybe do not want to believe that there is a GOD. He said he wrote all of Gaza Kim songs, and in the song that said, "AMEN" she sang about "thank you Jesus" etc etc. So deep down he believes there is a GOD, he is just playing like a fool

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 5:12 AM

All now him nuh pat omage to a higher being suh dat mek him ungodly ok nuh chat foolishness kartel is a devil worshiper him she b4 and I quote: GOD IS MAKE BELIEVE! Suh nobady nuh come tell mi now bout church kartel nuh believe ina god and all who a follow di sheperd weh a lead god flok astray a go dung jus like da bwoy ya onu nuh si him cyah proser eveybady a leave him him rum naah sell him condom a dry rotten pan shelf him cyah leff ja dem lock down him studio . Mek tell yu dis wicked ppl only look like dem a move but fi every step forward dem tek 3 step backward

Facts over Magic/Hope/Faith:
Posted by Facts over Magic/Hope/Faith | March 18, 2010 8:49 AM

I AGREE WITH THE DJ 100%. LIKE HIM OR HATE HIM. RELIGION AND POLITICS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WARS IN THIS WORLD...PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER SOMETHING THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. SPEAK UR MIND ARTISTE...FREE SPEECH.

Protina:
Posted by Protina | March 18, 2010 9:28 AM

NOT A FAN ANYMORE.....kaRTEL NOT GOING FURTHER THAN THE BORDERS OF JAMAICA...

nikki:
Posted by nikki | March 18, 2010 10:03 AM

For all the ppl that call God's name isn't HE the only one that can judge??? Do you live your life the way he ask??? You can't even give ur opinion without cussing....isn't that a sin??? HYPOCRITE!!!! You should go open the book by which you live by and try to overstand it..... by the way that book by which u live by was translated by MEN at least SIX times before it was translated to english.... and Mr. Palmer watever u want to think of him is bringing jobs to JA and giving others chances to rise....wat is the last thing you did to help your country or countryman???? By the way i think he is a big enough man to make his own mind up aobut wat or whom he wants to believe in...*smh* Bless

Kiriesha:
Posted by Kiriesha | March 18, 2010 10:45 AM

Uno leave di man alone, i am a little gurl and mi understand whe him a seh... uno big ppl nuh have ntn fi do dan fi watch ppl who betta dan uno?
leave di man a fi him life and it is wat him believe not wat uno believe....

MOOQAZ:
Posted by MOOQAZ | March 18, 2010 11:04 AM

There is no GOD and it is sad that people are so busy with judging others. I like me some Kartel as well as some Movado and above all I like me the war tunes coz to me they are just songs. The important thing Kartel mentions is that we all need to raise those under our direct control coz he wont do it for you or me. Same way I ........any way keep arguing

Da Truth:
Posted by Da Truth | March 18, 2010 11:38 AM

so why yall making it an issue about the man sayin he believes in scientist. when this believe is carried by many individuals in this world. A u ppl jus a walk wid a grudge over di man. a u make it an issue when di man say he a free mason, but when alica keys an jay z an obama a display free mason symbols yall dont have a problem wid that. a u people need fu cut a u F$%kries.

Refine:
Posted by Refine | March 18, 2010 11:41 AM

I will pray for his soul...To God be the glory!

CL:
Posted by CL | March 18, 2010 12:27 PM

All of you that say you believe in god and jesus, when was the last time you read the bible? Christianity wasn't the first religion of choice for your people. Wasn't is forced upon you by another set of people. Why are you so easy to accept it?

Nature-al:
Posted by Nature-al | March 18, 2010 12:36 PM

a man, woman or child is deemed to say, believe or put his/her trust into whatever seems logical to him/her, as long as it is out of the goodness of the heat that he/she act upon. U'll christian minded people need to try and figure out how to better understand ur religion and leave people with other views on life alone. we were all born without a religion and if a man or woman want to leave this world without a religion, thats their business, not urs.

Afghanistan:
Posted by Afghanistan | March 18, 2010 12:44 PM

yo unu lo di man. di man neva se him believe in the devil as the higher power, so therefore he's nto a stanaist. di man believe is science because its FACTUAL, so all the christians in here a condemn di man, how about coming with good argument against FACTS before u start being judgemental (which is also WRONG in ur religious world). Also, someone mentioned if science can give life, my question to is...where does life come from, have you ever seen it being created?

Foxy:
Posted by Foxy | March 18, 2010 1:12 PM

Kartel yu really sick mi..

Really some a uno Bloggers all a sey "There is no God?" So a who mek uno? A who mek uno si another day? A who mek it possible fi feed uno hungry ass?

Jah know sey mi LOOSE big time afa Mi Jamaican people fi a chat sey dem no believe inna God.

Uno a mek this likkle monkey looking half starving ass wipe a mek uno diss God, uno need fi fall pon uno knees and thank God sey uno alive and stop FOLLOW BACCKA this fool.

No sah a cant Jamaican people a chat so... these are people who no have no back bone...you fall for anything...weak minds and dutty heart a kill uno off.

critic:
Posted by critic | March 18, 2010 1:19 PM

to those who say science is obeah its not obeah is witchcraft, black magic, evry1 has a right 2 his r her own belief n religion n u believe in wat u believe in, bob marley is honoured world wide as a musical icon but he was the 1 who said dnt tell him no ism scism bout die n go 2 heaven in Jesus name n no 1 seems 2 have a problem wit that, kartel is an entertainer he makes music u choose 2 listen n enjoy at ur own free will its not like he tryin 2 start a cult n tellin evry1 2 follow him, som of u who condemnin him r the same 1s who will b the 1st 2 see d latest horror r most graphically violent movies but i guess in ur eyes those movies r promotin love n spirituality so its ok ( double standard )

susan:
Posted by susan | March 18, 2010 1:20 PM

kartel is a big man and people must remember that him speak wats on his mindhis is right he say that he is spiritual that means he know that they is a bigger froce out there to eveyman is his own and to a point I agree with him cause the so call pastor from first hard experince me nah put my turst in them

Realmckoy:
Posted by Realmckoy | March 18, 2010 1:42 PM

F**k fagisha iz nuttin but bleach out face hellbwoy f**k gaza any man seh gaza a b*ttyman

cunu:
Posted by cunu | March 18, 2010 1:42 PM

kartel is a punk he doesnt support spirituality he loves to big up free masonry and talks bout scientists he is a fool running back white supremacy just like jay z and those idiots selling their soul for the money!! they shut down his studio a good thing that and remember people he is just putting rymes together nothing more nothing less jamaica unu have to boycot people who big up the devil!!!!! one love!!!

headless chicken:
Posted by headless chicken | March 18, 2010 2:03 PM

here everyone goes of critising;when he say he believes in scientist it does not mean literally a person as in man but the "thesis" of what science represents.I myself believe in God but i bet you all these folks who are against him could not have a proper argument for or against god or faith.

k-rob:
Posted by k-rob | March 18, 2010 2:08 PM

we are all hypocrites, science is the doctor you see every month, the hospital you go when your sick, the weather you watch when you need to know what to wear, i can go on forever.90% of society value science over religion but would never say say it. most of yall run to church only after there, easter or christmas is death but what about before? if the majority of the world was religious then we would live much better as one especially jamaica. you can claim religion and then kill, rob,etc at the drop of a dime.kartel speaks what most people would never say in public and i respect his opinion.you same critiques i assume that your all "christians" living a holy life.and if not the you have no respect for what you believe in, that is heaven and hell.
have a bless day

Baje:
Posted by Baje | March 18, 2010 2:42 PM

@YOU INTELLIGENT IDIOTS RELIGION BRINGS SEPARATION BUT IT ALSO BRINGS DISCIPLINE YA SEE YOU'LL ARE TOO CAUGHT UP WITH THE LAWS OF MAN, THE RIGHT TO OPINION, THE RIGHT TO HOMOSEXUALITY AND ALL THAT BULLSH*T, MANKIND HAS BECOME SO INTELLIGENTLY STUPID THAT YOU'RE DESTROYING YOUR OWN SELF. SEE IF THE SCIENTIST CAN SAVE YOU FROM THE EARTHQUAKES AND OTHER NATURAL DIASTERS TO COME.

Can:
Posted by Can | March 18, 2010 3:14 PM

Well the interview proved what most of us already know about Kartel, he's not dunce.

But, ahhmmm, could Zo have kissed his ass any more than s/he was doing??? I think not lmao. I mean really, I'm sure if Zo is a woman, she's sucking his dick right now - another babymama on the way Shorty lol. Zo reads like such a groupie rather than an interviewer.

bella:
Posted by bella | March 18, 2010 4:58 PM

i know that some off thees comment are made by the same person however i also know that a person who believe in anything falls for nuting kartel is an educated idiot i respect science but only to a certain level yes it do make life easier but noobody can't tell me seh god noh real i quote "mi noh believe in a god"-kartel but yet stilll as ting start goh wrong a who uno so call sciencetist call pon jah,jesus,lord,father, god watever uno choose. dem likkle hurry cum up yah noh know nuting soh dem listen to kartel an chat f**krey, futhermore christians don't believe in pastor we believe in god. den again kartel noh si y him a goh true all dem tings yah wid artist,police,embassy etc a because a him dutty heart,weh need fi goh wash off. thats wat happen to pll wen dem too full a dem self dem turn idiot ya'll need fi memba seh a sumadi creat uno. this f**king groupppie a*ss ZO R watever he/she name need fi sack his d*ck n get it over with aready. why the hell is this person behaving like that,take kissing a*s to the next level

Bee:
Posted by Bee | March 18, 2010 5:34 PM

Big up Damion very well said. Respect!

bee:
Posted by bee | March 18, 2010 5:39 PM

So how onnu christian believers and defenders of god run a obeah man all di while?

Righteousness Defender:
Posted by Righteousness Defender | March 18, 2010 5:51 PM

Kartel.....what are you trying to prove bout scientologist..H HA H AH AH ....my youth, you are an intelligent idiot. Neither religion or scientist you can put yuh faith in..Did you born yuhself? nuh fassy yuh come from idiot! a science dat...dat a real bl**dclaat creation. Yuh tell yuhself when fi dead and when fi live? A science dat. Dat a real blood claat creation. fassy...when yuh head or teeth hurt yuh...yuh see di pain...di greatest tings a things whey yuh cant see fool...bout fassyclaat scientist...old ape fool...den grawn go evolve again den nuh. Yuh mihght get up one f**king day and cant talk....guh check a scientist! fassy if yuh did poor everyday yuh woulda a sing pan GOD name fi help yuh! Money turn and spin yuh...unoo bwoy confused...when di gaza bwoy crash and d*ad wha mek yuh neva beg a scientist make a portion and throw inn him dead body and bring him back.

Him a rotten now...look how scientist fuck up di ozone. But wait di scientist yuha chat a di illuminati wizard dem nuh...???

Bout freemason and scientist....di whole a unoo a some puppet to smaddy whey nuh responce fi black people!!!learn dat.

A fear unoo fear di truth mek unoo a chat dat. How yuh fi have faith inna man whey nuh perfect. BOMBOCLAAT Kartel fi dead!

Stepperfi true:
Posted by Stepperfi true | March 18, 2010 6:25 PM

Anyone who is supporting Kartel is his disciple.The man sing all kinds of devilish songs, all "sey him no mus know God".He's the one who's confused, not Rhyno. Because, early in his career, before Gaza, when he was in Alliance, i read on his website, and he stated that his mother was a Cristian, but he doesn't really believe in God.He didn't say it clear, but, his explanation clearly showed that he was a non- believer. I i was like, this man don't believe in God.
So all who is been led astray by Kartel, go read the Bible, and all who say they Bible is a lie, because it was translated several times by those who has their own agenda, is delusional.Proverbs for eg, consists mostly of King Salomon's quotes, and he was the wisest man, that lived, if you have any understanding at all and read Proverbs, then you look what is happening in the world today, you will realize that it is real.Every thing that he speaks about happens now in everyday life.
By the way,where do you think the Djs get their belief about Homosexuals,you heard what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah.So clearly anyone who questions the Bible has no understanding, never read it, cannot read and will F*****K M****N.
Kartel sings about b***y m**n fi dead, where does he get that belief, so I'm sure he knows there is a God, and reads the Bible, he's just confused.

Shato:
Posted by Shato | March 18, 2010 6:44 PM

The bway call out SelassieI name in vain...
Introduced prouda mi bleaching...
Then it became acceptable in dancehall culture for people to start eating each other's Genitalia.
Then he made it acceptable for little girls to be kidnapped and be prostituted (Romping Shop)
Teacheers taking underage girls virginity at school (Peadophilia)
Claimed to be a BUDMAN by beating up a 17 year old girl
Next he will be wearing blouses and skirts, women's clothes and GAZA dem will be justifying it by calling everyone homophobic
WAKE UP!!!

Stepperfi true:
Posted by Stepperfi true | March 18, 2010 6:50 PM

And to anyone who don't believe the Bible or God, just stop and look, observe nature, the birds in the sky,the fishes in the sea, night and day,the ants,water. Who created them, who created humans. All now these so called scientists cannot make a man and say walk, live, they can't make water, if rain don't rain, we will die of thirst, look a the water problems now.And all these great scientists died, they cannot live until they want to, when the supreme been is ready for them they have to go, co dem too.No wonder most of them are gay, a least that's what i heard. Because even if you cannot read and understand the Bible or wasn't taught, you observe, look a the dumb animals, have you ever seen two bulls mating, two roasters, any same kind at all mating? then how come we, who are suppose to be smarter are doing it.Laws are all been passed in some countries for same sex marriages, and they claim that they are 1st world countries, yet even the , wild tribes who are not believed to be civilized doesn't do it.These people clearly, like Kartel, doesn't believe the Bible or God,so they sey what they feel fi say, and do what them feel fi do, all cuss God, and that's why so much destruction reaches them.
Everything that great men makes helps to destroy their own self and will eventually malfunction and be useless. They make guns, and is shot by it, they make planes and is crashes and kill them.How come the sun doesn't fall out the sky.huh!

A.J.:
Posted by A.J. | March 18, 2010 7:04 PM

I think Vybz Kartel is mis-led he is very talented and its his desire not too worship God its his life but yet most a uno do UNGODLY things like f**ching girls and leaving them or not respect yall parents but apart from that Kartel I respect u for being ur own boss nobody cyan tell yu nuttin an its great yu release yu album for yu record label.......... don't listen 2 other niggaz they jus critics an badmind jus continue too make hit songs so u can get back ur visa

Unity:
Posted by Unity | March 18, 2010 7:51 PM

DEFINITION- SPIRITUAL
of or pertaining to the spirit as the seat of the moral or religious nature.
;of or pertaining to sacred things or matters; religious; devotional; sacred.
;of or belonging to the church; ecclesiastical: lords spiritual and temporal.

I like him but he's seems to contradict himself in every interview. And in regards to pastors I have to admmit that you cannot put your faith in them but at the same time you only go to them to have the bible clarified to you. I live Canada and there is always a new theory about this that and the other from scientists and each theory always contradicts the other and each scientist has his own view or belief system and they seem to disagree often. That being said putting all your trust in scientists would not be very wise.

Posted by Mykey | March 18, 2010 8:28 PM

Everything di man seh a fact..a only ediots and fools not going to understand.

The first thing to comence with is God is not real and the devil too is not real. So people can seh wat dem want to seh alot of it is crap

Kartel a no mi DJ still but di youth a no fool lik nuf a dem yah.

Bless

mad mad :
Posted by mad mad | March 18, 2010 8:30 PM

what a way, what a way...talk bout that. let me guess these people are kartel mother and father. you all need to go praise unna paster and low the youth........pasters are lied, thief and child molesters tell me who on this earth praise a paster?.....the man never said notting bout god or the bible, him said paster.unna make comments like a paster unna praise...

Damion:
Posted by Damion | March 18, 2010 11:00 PM

I sat here and read all your comments.... some of you f**kers either are DUNCES or just plain haters of kartel....a lot of us even many of you who are talking a bag of shit.... do believe in a supreme being...but we not believe in that supreme being by way of religion because only a fool will not see that religion is a story... nothing else....i will also take facts over faith any day.... ONE of you religious fanatics who don't know shit about what you follow need to answer this question for me....Christianity as you know it dates back to as far as 3000 years ago... just yesterday.... so now except for the MIGHTY bible what physical evidence any of you have to back up the claims of the bible? NONE.... what ever a scientist talks about they prove it..... with this religion bullshit we believe in things we can't prove, we don't understand and in most cases.. we don't even believe it but yet we follow.... Kartel seem to have his head on more tightly than all the fuckers who are here chatting a bag of non-sense... why would i want to be apart of religion when the religion that i am apart of teaches me to hate the other one and cast judgment.... some of you fuckers need to go know your history (religious) before you come and make claims....90% of you don't even know black history beyond slavery.... you don't even know how you came to believe what you believe in...IDIOTS!

marcus:
Posted by marcus | March 18, 2010 11:13 PM

As much as mi can't stand VK and his music I believe he his review in a very unfear manner on the statement about his preference between a pastor and a scientist. He was truely taken out of context her. Both pastors and scientists are men. None is God and the question never mention anything about God. God made VK, the pastor and the scientist. Base soley on this statement I can't category say the man is a devil worshiper, however, I can say he his charactor is morally questionable like many Jamaicans. Even some of the commentators here. Generally speaking Jamaican gloried many wrongs without noticing. VK is only feeding these wrongs. Just step back and observe then tell me if I'm wrong here. We glories gun, murder, fornication, adultry through all sort of medium. How that make us better than VK how we proclaimed is a "devil worshiper". No sin bigger than none. If we stop place demand for these action from our artists then they will have to change or go away.

My take

Cotes:
Posted by Cotes | March 18, 2010 11:17 PM

big up the Teacha
A man has his right to his opinion
this medium just wanna highlight the fault in the whole interview,they make sure it was the heading
bwoy,when dem ago leave the atiste alone and mek the man get some breathing space
gaza str8!!!!!!!!

maxineclarke:
Posted by maxineclarke | March 19, 2010 9:48 AM

most people that say they are christian are worst than gunmen i have some neighbour who say they are christian and came out to war my nephew with machete and the following sunday they are on puplit preaching.leave kartel to his own opinion most of you are all hyprocrite.

Brandon:
Posted by Brandon | March 19, 2010 12:25 PM

I'm guessing every single one of you people who are criticizing Kartel is religious, I could only wish. Vybz Kartel is way better than you hippocrates on outaroad.com and not jesuslovesmethisiknow.com

Wow ah mind blower:
Posted by Wow ah mind blower | March 19, 2010 1:24 PM

It just baffle me how people spend so much time talking bout Kartel... He is real Psychotic!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 19, 2010 5:24 PM

u all a set of dumb f**k..a man that sing so much dumb f**k you big up...

GAZA:
Posted by GAZA | March 19, 2010 9:17 PM

A NUFF A UNO SAY GOD AND DON'T BELIEVE IN THE MAN. YOU PEOPLE WATCH TOO MUCH NEGATIVITY

Gaza youth:
Posted by Gaza youth | March 19, 2010 11:17 PM

Cut out di f**kery weh sum a u guys a talk bout addi a di daddy but mi dissagree with him on the religion and science yes scientists have proof but religious proof is way more vivid , religious proof is :- wake up look all around u smell the air be objective of things and the way they work , life it's so amazing . Proof of god is all around us if u seek u shall find . A gaza mi seh

Stepperfi true:
Posted by Stepperfi true | March 20, 2010 8:33 AM

I never believed that so much people here in Jamaica don't believe in God and the Bible like Kartel, no wonder him can sing 'mi no must know God," and those things and people jump up to it, Killa right, Mi sorry fi unno. The Bible tells you not to put your trust in man or flesh, and that your own will deceive you, you must only put your trust in God. Cain killed his brother Abel over jealously, from creation,and that is happening now. You look how many people today are deceived by someone who they taught was their friend or by their own family. If you watch football, look at John Terry. A s i said before read Proverbs which was quotes by King Soloman the wisest man and tell me if it's not real, it's spot on.
As a matter of fact the Bible talks about people like some of you , Kartel and Mutabaruka, he's another one. He doesn't believe either, i've watched his show and listen on radio,and he questions everything, he even say's our beliefs and things in the bible are Ananci stories, just like brother Ananci.But the bible talks about people like those, who will come out and say there is no God and will have strong explanation to question him, yes,and the anti- Christ who will come and tell people that they are God. It also talks about Earthquakes in divers places, see how much quakes have hit since 2010, rumors of wars, children having children, i read that a 10 yo girl gave birth this year in St Elizabeth. So all these things that are happening makes me know that the Bible is real as can be and God is real.

Jojo:
Posted by Jojo | March 21, 2010 8:15 PM

Life is filled with diversity and this nourishes
difference of opinion to which every human being has a right.The challenge is to co-exist because the truth is we all have to live here reguardless of opinion.

Face:
Posted by Face | March 22, 2010 1:18 PM

Just like that the we know the first man on earth was Black. Scientist prove that so why is that when you go into most Black people homes you have a picture of a White Jesus. The same scientist twist that all up and make him White. So people don't follow them The White Jesus is the "Beast" and if you read revelations and it will tell you if you worship another God and not Jehovah. Like God says "If any one worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also shall drink the wine of God's wrath" If you read the Bible most of the stories are by Black man. In Jeremiah God tells you he is Black, Job was Black, Daniel was Black, Solomon was black, but Like Kartel woman mashup him relationship with GOD Praying to non existing things worshiping cows, Buddha, Moloch, sacrificing, the whole Catholic religion, drinking Blood, Guard Rings (obeah), denouncing God, any man will say what he wants to justify what he is doing is right, If you read your bible it tells you about the priest that preach what they want. The Romans made the picture of Christ and thats not Jesus so please take him off your walls and out of God's Church.

Posted by WETDREAMS | March 22, 2010 7:41 PM

I LOVE VYBZ KARTEL..HE IS VERY TALENTED AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE LAST MAN STANDING...BKUZ HE IS WHAT HE IS AND IS TRUE TO HIS GAME....ONE OF THE BEST DANCEHALL ENTERTAINERS PERIOD!

gaza drae:
Posted by gaza drae | March 22, 2010 9:09 PM

gaza mi seh

divus:
Posted by divus | March 23, 2010 8:55 AM

i am a roman catholic and a rationalist but i dnt judge addi mi 3rd daddy bcaz i am studyin philosophy in college n only a illiterate person will judge addi 4 bein a empiricist! notjing is not wrong if e has a posteriori knowledge rather than 1 of a prioi! ppl b4 u judge kartel read a book r use d internet to discover his belief! its like distinguishing between theist n atheist, john locke n david hume, rene descates n emanuel kant, mostly SATIN N GOD!

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2010 6:34 PM

BIG UP ADDI YA DI BOSS. MI FALLOW EVERY SINGLE THING YUH SEH

Top Shott@:
Posted by Top Shott@ | March 24, 2010 10:41 AM

Im sitting here reading everyone's comments and this sh*t is crazy. If you would just come out of that little f**kry religious bubble that yall are in you would understand what the f**king man is saying. Try to differentiate between religion and faith why believe in religion when there is so much of it out there and every f**king religion is different and saying that there god is better than the next man everyone praising some other type of man made figure. Europeans brought religion to Africa in order to control the feeble minded f**ks that they were trying to conquer cause they saw them as animals. The fact that there is countless amounts of religions out there from catholic to buddhism shows u that it is man made everybody has a f**king theory and religion exploits that because they dont have to prove sh*t. Scientists on the other hand has to prove why they believe that the earth is round and every other theory they have but remember it was your religious ancesters that burn and hang a man when he first said that the earth is round and every planet orbits the sun. When people ah try tell unnuh someting wah mek sense unnuh nuh wah listen. Take a fucking History, Theology, Philosophy, and Psychology class like i did and make up ur own minds instead of eating some elses bullsh*t that they feed your weak mind on a positive note GAZA TO DI F**KIN WORLD!!!!!

top shott@:
Posted by top shott@ | March 24, 2010 10:52 AM

dont get it twisted i have faith just not in any of ur religion

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 11:04 AM

I notice once one starts studying science they tend to stop believing in God because they some how find a theory of how things happen over a period of time. God gave people the talents they have and they do with it what they wish. I for 1 don’t believe in man developing from tadpole to fish to monkey and so on, if that was so why anymore tadpoles aren’t evolving anymore. Scientists’ gives theories and anybody as confident as Kartel can reason with you "Fusion" and lead you to even believe he himself is God. I don't have to see God to know He is real because I feel his presence. Can you see the wind? No! But you know its real because can feel it. Something to think about, there must be (a supreme being) someone or something that created us just likes everything else. What proof does science have of how the world and all its content are created? Belief kills and belief cures, I rather die a believer in Christianity than a believer in man.

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2010 1:49 AM

LET ME TALK FOR MY SELF EVERY BODY KNOW SAY KARTEL NO BELIEF IN A GOD

Dini:
Posted by Dini | July 11, 2010 4:17 AM

Kartel sounds VERY CULTURED and EDUCATED!
Well rounded is maybe a better term.
I love his music-pure genius! and who he signs to his label is insane... Ryno-popcaan-etc. And For those of you who dont have a deep Connection to the Creator -or- Master Of all that is - you will never know what god is. NOT WHO BUT WHAT!!!

You Tell me people without the dark how would we know what is light??? Without sin and bad in the world how would we, or could we appreciate or be thankful for anything Good?
Wake up people! Be thankful for bad and good. There is a WAY bigger plan than we can understand and nobodys way of thinking should EVER be judged!