« Sexy pics of Christina Milian | Main | Tarrus Riley ft. Konshens - Good Girl Gone Bad - Official Video »

Jamaican Designer Carlton Brown Fall 2009 at LG Fashion Week (Or, Hot Men in Suits)

Posted by Anita
All photos by Perry Ge

carlton_brown_fashion_jamaican_lg_fall_2009_20.jpg
Carlton Brown brought his award winning Jamaican swagger to LG Fashion Week. He's one of the Caribbean's biggest designers and this was his North American debut. It was a really fun show and a crowd-pleaser. Did I mention that Carlton Brown does menswear? That would explain the reaction: hot men in cool clothing.

The soundtrack got people started. Some well know reggae tunes belted out that got many dancing in their seats. I was definitely one of them wanting to get up and bust out some winding on the runway. I was even dared to do it. There was so much positive energy in the crowd you couldn't help but smile and get into it.

Of course many women and gay men in the audience were drooling over the models. There was a collective yell when one model strutted out topless. After the fact I was reading Derick Chetty's tweets about the show and he mentioned a woman that had gotten on the ground to take pictures when the topless model came out. She was singing along too. I wish I got to see that.

The clothing wasn't your typical North American suits; it definitely had an island flavour with the bright colour combinations. More men should wear purple. One model walked down the runway with a veil over his head. After seeing this done to women so many times before in shows (Hello Margiela) I was glad to see the tables turned. There were a lot of three piece suits and some casual wear. There were one sided and bolero style jackets that were fashion forward but a little gimmicky. I also felt the pant lengths were a little on the short side.

Source: blogto.com/toronto

carlton_brown_fashion_jamaican_lg_fall_2009_21.jpg

CLICK ON THE SEE MORE LINK TO VIEW FULL GALLERY
Seemore.jpg

Germaican Girl:
Posted by Germaican Girl | April 13, 2009 6:16 AM

Wow his designs are real cool. And how about that girl, I think her name is Stacy, remember her from back in the days from SASHI i think it was. Good to see her still around, she has that unusual beauty

dougie:
Posted by dougie | April 13, 2009 1:39 PM

yep i was at this show at the Nathan Phillip Square DownTown Toronto it was pretty short about 15 minutes.. Actually met and spoke to Carlton Brown at the after party by Harlem bar. Really down to earth guy. Peeps look out for his store opening soon in Half way Tree

Joi:
Posted by Joi | April 13, 2009 9:00 PM

Congrats Carlton I like the Direction you're taking menswear.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2009 10:06 AM

CARLTON BROWN U THING NO NORMAL A FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME ME SEE MENS WEARS LOOK SO GOOD BIG BUSY BECAUSE HE HIS ONE AND VOICE MAIL THAT I HEAR SAY THEY R WEARING C/B DESIGN BEST OF LUCK THERE R MANY MORE BARRIERS TO CLIMB

Tacious is a GOOD LOOK:
Posted by Tacious is a GOOD LOOK | April 14, 2009 2:31 PM

ooh those male models are luscious.

Posted by Anonymous | April 23, 2009 11:08 PM

I know the persons who sews for Carlton. Carlton is a down to earth guy big up.But he should give more props to his working team.