« Sizzla - Blessed Earthstrong | Main | Man Fi Get Bun »

"Don't sleep, Jovi's got the skills to make a run for Rihanna's spot

NEW YORK, NY (RHONA FOX, INC.)

jovi-music-epic-jamaican-female-singer.jpgJamaican star Jovi Rockwell is back and ready to rock the masses. Scoring her first major record deal last March with Epic Records, Rockwell has won a coveted prize that most Caribbean artists aspire to but few attain.

"Having a major label behind my career gives me a sense of confidence and achievement as an artist," Rockwell reveals. "It gives me the opportunity to publicize my career on a universal level, and get my music out there (smile). It's a proud feeling and one that I am grasping with both hands!"

Also signed to Uprize Music, Rockwell is now focused on recording and releasing the right tracks to capture the essence of her eclectic flavor. "I sum my style up in three words - Rebel, Love, Goddess. These three words define the idea behind my music - a fusion of elements drawn from reggae, pop and rock."

Her unique sound and exotic looks have attracted some of music's biggest names to her project with Epic, including Ne-Yo. "It was a really cool and enlightening experience for me to work with Ne-Yo. He is such a tremendous talent and one of the most down-to-earth people I know."

Rockwell's new single, "Tonight," was recently leaked and ended up on airwaves across Jamaica, where it continues to receive regular airplay. The song also found its way into the hands of some of music's biggest connoisseurs, from both mainstream and in the Caribbean.

"Don't sleep, Jovi's got the skills to make a run for Rihanna's spot in a heartbeat," writes Rob Kenner for Boomshots! While FADER's Eddie Houghton pens, "...Kingston native and F51 star Jovi Rockwell fills our hooky-dancehall yearning with super sweet Caribbean tracks..." Rockwell was also recently featured in the Jamaica Observer and on EURweb in the U.K., where Kevin Jackson speaks of her joining the ranks of Celine Dion and Michael Jackson on the Epic roster.

With fresh sounds and a stage presence to rock your world, Jovi Rockwell is bound to make many more headlines. As for her first major album, Rockwell promises, "My fans can expect to be entertained with diverse styles of feel-good, and sometimes, inspirational songs. I love each and everyone of them and I'm super excited about the new material!"

DASHAWN:
Posted by DASHAWN | April 17, 2009 6:50 PM

JOVI IS COOL, BUT SHE IS NOT THE NEXT TO TAKE RIHANA SPOT, THE NEST IRON BALOON, TRUST

Roc boys:
Posted by Roc boys | April 17, 2009 7:16 PM

LOL

joi:
Posted by joi | April 17, 2009 9:55 PM

Jovi
You have the Skills and you will go far. You don't have to take Rihanna's spot cuz you have ya own.

EMPREZ:
Posted by EMPREZ | April 18, 2009 4:20 PM

JOVI GIRL I LOVE UR CRAZY STYLE KEEP IT UP HONEY YOU JUST MAY GIVE RIRI A RUN FOR HER MONEY....FI REAL!

PEACHES20782:
Posted by PEACHES20782 | April 18, 2009 10:02 PM

THE NEXT WEST INDIAN GIRL THAT CAN CROSS OVER IS TAMMI CHIN. FROZEN WITH AKON, IF BET START SHOW THIS VIDEO, IT DONE.

Xnewz:
Posted by Xnewz | April 19, 2009 11:32 PM

Jovi yuh a di bosssssss!!!Love yuh style you got it girl, it's all about LOVE

Posted by deco2k | April 24, 2009 9:33 AM

Real talk.. if u anybody know music can see...Jovi a style similar to Gwen Stefani with swing of reggea,Pop,blue,..so u fine sah the combination Mad Mad.....i know music so nobody cant tell me nothing me produce/beat maker aka riddim/artist...me frist heard jovi i was on the icebreaker riddim ...so i did some research on her fine sah she very very unique,...it just time a majar label ago hear her and want her..well Rihana and Jovi me cant compare dem two artist yah, its a big different...a lot of people dont even know that rihana dont write most of hit song dem, which in javi case write her azz off..so u tell me whos the more complete artist..

...a next person on m list too was
.. tommy chin..she link with akon,but got sign wit universal record that major they need to link she with some with some of there top artist..she might do something with its its its seroni cause he's under universal republic...