An Australian dog owner almost lost her pet after he ate her size 10 G-string.
The Northern Territory resident, who was too embarrassed to be named, said she rushed her cavalier King Charles spaniel, Baxter, to the vet over Easter weekend after he refused to eat and started vomiting, according to The Northern Territory News.
An X-ray revealed the 2-year-old dog’s bowels were blocked, and he would be lucky to survive the night if veterinarians did not operate immediately.
During the 3 a.m. procedure, University Avenue Veterinary Hospital doctors in Palmerston untangled a black, lacey G-string with approximately 8 inches of elastic from Baxter’s intestines.
After the dog’s serious brush with death, his owner said she no longer will be leaving her underwear around for Baxter to access.
Lucky the G-string wasn’t a size 16.