« Reggae singer Luciano charged - harbouring a fugitive | Main | "We're thrilled to welcome Serani - Universal Republic »

Man badly beaten at Beres Hammond's studio

By Secret Agent
OutAroad.com Writer

cops-jamaica-force-photos.jpgA man was badly beaten at Beres Hammond's studio late last night by three men. OutAroad.com understands that the man who sometimes acts as a security personel at the studio was forced to stay at the studio untreated even after he pleaded with the men to take him to the hospital.

A concerned citizen who heard the man shouting for help summons the police who quickly arrived on the scene but were denied entry onto the property. Entry was however granted after they called for backup.

According to a source two of the men were arrested in connection of the brutal act while the main man who started the beating said to jump the fence, another was seen throwing a bag over the fence - the police investigated and the bag wasn't found.

OutAroad.com managed to get in touch with the victim who confirmed that the allegations are indeed true. The matter was report at the Half-Way-Tree police station.

OutAroad.com will keep you posted

Question:
Posted by Question | March 31, 2009 4:26 PM

a wonder if the big man involved inna di beating first ninja man, luciano so mi a hope seh the vertran nah get too bad because it nuh look pon the music

My Opinion:
Posted by My Opinion | March 31, 2009 4:30 PM

Di Man Did A Argue Wid Di Man Dem Seh Beres Have Di Greatest Hits Dem And Di Man Dem Jus Show Im Seh A Dem Ave It.

Fun And Joke Aside Still Mi Jus Glad Seh Im Nuh Lose Im Life And it Sad When People So Scared Of Getting Involved To The Point Them Fraid Fi Help Another Out

Nelly:
Posted by Nelly | March 31, 2009 4:36 PM

Lawd ave Mercy, things really happen in Threes. I know for sure sey Beres is a upright/honorable person so mek mi si who ago string up Beres now, like how dem waan string up Luciano.

Nicky:
Posted by Nicky | March 31, 2009 4:43 PM

Beres due to perform in London, but too much passa passa and foolishness associated with these older artists names.

Posted by Protina | March 31, 2009 4:49 PM

a wah deh gwaan a di artist dem hang out spots (sigh) signs of the times...........

matis:
Posted by matis | April 1, 2009 1:51 AM

PEOPLE it simple if u famous and something like that happen at one a you place a your name fus a go call.but big up beres still for his contribution to the music.

Passionette1:
Posted by Passionette1 | April 1, 2009 8:57 AM

Speechless.... the last person I would have think woulda mix up inna passa passa is Beres Hammond.

msj:
Posted by msj | April 1, 2009 9:36 AM

It clear say some a these artist and gunman are friends...........an so

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 1, 2009 1:55 PM

Wait deh... B 4 mi jump and seh nutten and condemn, I want di rest of the details Outaroad!

The headline said "Man badly beaten at Beres Hammond's studio" It nevva seh nutten bout Beres being there or tekking part in di beating! Plus knowing weh mi know bout studio life all sorts of creatures hang out there a try "look a buss", suh untill mi hear more on dis, mi naa go have nutten fi seh. Mi woulda like fi tink dat Beres bigga dan dat still. I will not find him guilty by di fact dat a fi him studio it happen...is a different ting dat from habouring fugitive a yuh yaad. After all, mi nuh wouldnt waan nuhbaddy come mix mi up if two man ketch a fight at "Meleon's Natural Fyah Kitchen" Suh Outaroad gimmi more pon dis story yah mek mi dip mi mouth inna it.

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 1, 2009 2:03 PM

Those who are quick to condemn, siddi full story yah as taken from The Jamaica Observer 4/1/2009 edition:

[Man beaten at Beres Hammond's studio

Chat!

Posted: 4/1/2009 9:18:45 AM

PLUMBER, Joseph Plummer still can’t come to terms with the “brutal beating” he received early Tuesday morning while at Harmony House, the studio of his friend, singer Beres Hammond.

Choking back the tears, the 51-year-old Plummer told Chat! that at one point during the “vicious three-man attack” he had “given up on life”.

“I was getting kick from all angle … bare kick a reach mi. The man dem try to choke me … take them fingers and dig out mi eye and all have them finger up inna mi nose,” he said, tears rolling freely down his cheeks.

But, where was Beres Hammond during this incident which the police confirmed took place at his Dumbarton Ave studio?

“Beres was there telling the man dem to stop the foolishness, but dem wasn’t listening to him. Them just continue to beat me. If it wasn’t for Beres’ son, then I would not be sitting here today. He saved my life by dragging the man dem off me and chucking them outside,” Plummer said.]

This story speaks for itself. Yow Outaroad talk up di tings dem proppa and nuh mislead people wid dem sensationalism yah. Mek mi artists look like him inna di whole eep a passa-passa ting. Chuh!

Nelly:
Posted by Nelly | April 1, 2009 4:14 PM

@Meleon - Thanks fi di article.

Cause this is one name (BERES HAMMOND) wey mi nuh want fi hear inna anything negative.

so what:
Posted by so what | April 1, 2009 6:07 PM

1)what a care-less-ness in jamaica, THE POLICE COULD NOT GET ENTRY UNTIL THEY CALLED FOR BACKUP....now which other part in the world lawmen can be LITERALLY turned away from a crime scene like a civillian? only in jamaica.
2)if Beres didnt have a loose azz establishment, the men wouldnt disrespect him and his place like that, especially the fact that he was trying to stop them according to the PLUMBER, i dont know.... maybe Beres pay him to say so, that way he wouldnt look too bad, am just saying.
3) all i can say is that they are all fake azz dreads who preach the wos but aint living by it. and all the niggers are azzholes.

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 1, 2009 9:17 PM

@Nelly, I am with u girl...u most welcome.

Sunshine:
Posted by Sunshine | April 2, 2009 1:43 PM

Posted by so what.... So what, wha u really a say?? Shut u f**k up!! u Cant disrespect Beres Hammond, u tink Beres need fi bribe man fi say tings. Yow gwey from ya so.

Beres Big up uself, mi know u a decent, honourable man and your integrity is very important. Nu mek dutty people wash dem mouth pon u.. U are di man!!!

Point No Fingers:
Posted by Point No Fingers | April 2, 2009 3:22 PM

Interesting. Very interesting. This stands to show all of us that no mortal man is immune to the worst of what this nation has to offer, even those who have contributed their best. Only our Saviour the Christ is righteous. We are all blameworthy for all that is unfolding here in Jamaica. We have allowed this nation to reach where it has by commission or ommission. All critics of Beres, please be still. Mr. Hammond's contribution to this nation's music is inimitable. We must not criticize either Beres or the police. The question is what will we in our small corners do to stem this cycle of violence?

In the meantime. "I am putting up resistance, I'm gonna work it out..." I hope we will get to that place where there is unconditional love. I am hopeful. I am praying. I think it should be easy for you to do the same.

Peace and love Brothers and Sisters. God loves us Jamaicans. This is a call for us to turn to Christ and obey his laws or; hmmm...

Nellly:
Posted by Nellly | April 2, 2009 4:00 PM

@so what - bwoy it seems like u r mad at everyboy. Why is it that the Chip on your Shoulder so Big. Mek me and the rest of the Outaroad team play Dr. Phil to you. Step into our office (outaroad) and release (tell) your problem and mek wi help you. We nuh have PHD's but I promise you will get some sound advice.

Sunny:
Posted by Sunny | April 2, 2009 7:10 PM

@ SO WHAT...Watch your mouth....You never hear about Beres Hammond in the news. I'm American and his #1 fan and nobody can say that this man is mixed up in foolishness. Give respect where it's due.

News Man:
Posted by News Man | April 2, 2009 7:14 PM

I am human and I will never swear for any human Sunny from once you have money it's for you to be mix up in f**kery, when yuh have money it makes you feel like you are unstoppable and it will push you over the edge

toni:
Posted by toni | April 2, 2009 7:29 PM

@Nellly... lol ....

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 2, 2009 8:45 PM

LOLOLOL @Nelly! Di same ting cross mi mind to. Come So What, we all friends here...mek wi help u

so what:
Posted by so what | April 3, 2009 12:06 PM

@NELLY AND THE REST OF THE FOOLS THAT THINK AM BITTER.
1)IF I HAVE PROBLEM, JAMAICANS WOULD BE THE LAST PEOPLE I TURN TO, WE AS A NATION STRIVE ON OTHER PEOPLE DOWN FALL THATS HOW BAD IT IS
2)YOU ALL WAS SWEARING FOR LUCIANO AND SIZZLA AND ALL THE OTHER FAKE DREADLOCKS THE SAME WAY RIGHT? NOW THE TRUTH COMES TO LIGHT, THEY PROBABLY FCUKING BATTY TOO.
3) IF I TELL YOU SOME SH*T I KNOW ABOUT YOUR LOVELY JAMAICAN RASTAS THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH YOU WOULD THROW UP
4)THE BL**DCLAAT MAN THEM DONT HAVE RESPECT FOR BERES, ARE MAYBE HE ORDER THE BEATEN WHY THAT HAPPEEN IN HIS PRESENCE
5) YOU THINK NO MAN CAN GO TO WEEPOW STUDIO ARE BIG YARD STUDIO AND DIS NO MAN IN FRONT OF THEM LIKE THAT... UNLESS THEY ARE THE ONES ORDER THAT SH*T.
6)STOP SWEAR FI MAN, ESPECIALLY JAMAICAN MAN
7)AM MAD TO BL**DCLAAT AND SHAME OF MY PEOPLE JUST FOR THE WAY THEY MAKE THE ISLAND CORRUPT, THE YOUTHS THEM HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK TOWARDS ANYMORE, ATLEAST THE RASTA THING WAS ONE POSITIVE CULTURE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO GIVE OPTIMISIM AND PROMISE, THAT GONE TO.
8)REPEAT #5
9)I DONT NEED THERAPY,I NEED JUSTICE AND ALL THE FAKE AZZ DREADS TO BE FLUSHED.
10)STOP ENCOURAGE THE CORRUPTION, WE NEED TO ACT BETTER, TO LOOK BEYOND MONEY AND FAME AND TREAT A MAN EQUALLY...IF HE F**KUP THEN YOU F**K HIM UP....

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 3, 2009 9:49 PM

@So What: Yuh too miserable innuh chile. Lighten up my girl...wi done know how it is a Ja. Some of us know more bout entertainers, (both di dread and baldhead alike) and dem dutty ways dan wi let on. Still wi affi all admit dat wi have soft spot fi certain artiste and affi try believe seh certain road dem wouldn't go down. But if mi or any a Beres fan dem find seh im inna nuh mixup wi aggo string him up same way to...wi nuh partial!

But my girl, u know di experience weh u have wid entertainers and is a matter of "who feels it knows it" suh who are we to judge. Suh mi can understan di anger towards dem. Have u seen the Peter King tapes? Well I have...not all but enuff fi mi start look pon cetain people/entertainers different. However, my girl u cant tek everybaddy an put dem inna one barrel because to do so, is to classify usself as belonging inna dat same barrel to. Not only dat, u parents, u sistas, and anybody u ever loved and know for a fact that dem have values. I am proud to say, I will swear for the Jamaican man! I will swear for my father, my grandfathers and di few decent ones that are left to carry di burden of stereotyping! Can't bury everybaddy So What...can't do dat.

I am sure many of us want the same things u want for our country too. Every law abiding Jamaican want corruption and dem sitten deh fi end. By di way So What u mek a point weh mi waan address. Yuh seh wi quick fi stive on other people downfall right? But on the other hand yuh cuss wi seh wi a tek up fi di Dread dem? Suh tell mi, which is which? To weh mi a read it come een to mi like seh di same ting weh u a preach genst is di same ting u doing. U reel of a bag a names and condeming di men dem but sounding very self righteous about ur actions. It sound to mi like u striving on dem downfall :)

But fun and joke aside now, mi si weh u a come from, but u affi clarify uself properly wid certain points. And as fi di artiste dem corrupting di youths...what happen to di youths dem parents? Why should it b so easy fi artiste corrupt dem, weh di parents part weh dem play inna di early development of dem children? Can't blame di idiat artiste dem alone...address di parents dem...di bigga blame go to dem. Mi grow inna di music industry. Grandfather was a musician, and mi know a lot a nastiness weh use to go on, but guess wah? mi parents dem kept mi pon di straight and narrow! So much so dat when mi was sixteen and a get a buss fi do mi fuss song, mi parents dem stop it and say NO! Mi did bex at di time and feel dem nuh love me, but chuss mi, when mi start working inna it inna mi older age mi undastan and appreciate dem for it...mi know how fi handle miself den. Suh u si weh mi a come from So What? Yuh bex bad and dat is understandable cause dem tings yah nuh look good pon wi country but still wi is all Jamaicans, and if it reach a point dat wi quick fi hate and condemn each other so, den wah likkle hope wi have gaaan to rahtid.

To all di artiste dem weh a f**kup wi likkle ting, cleanup unnuh heart and acts. Who fi go prison, must go prison, who is found guilty must be punished accordingly. No Partiality...not even fi (gulp) mi bredda Beres!

Biggup Nelly! So What, nuh hate nuh deh yah fi yuh suh nuh feel nuh way a suh Meleon stay!

Ranny:
Posted by Ranny | April 4, 2009 11:42 AM

Wow! I feel so good reading Meleon's posts. You sound like you are a strong person who has your head screwed on very well. I really like how you reason. You sound like you have a good heart. I wish I knew you. Maybe I'd make better decisions with a friend like you!

TiredAit:
Posted by TiredAit | April 4, 2009 12:31 PM

A time everybody come together and clean up Yard.
Meleon, respect due, everybody a talk bout Peter King tape fi years now. Wah really de pon da tape deh?

so what:
Posted by so what | April 4, 2009 2:18 PM

@MELEON, YOU HAVE SOME STRONG POINTS AND I CAN ADMIT THAT BECAUSE AM A FAIR INDIVIDUAL, HOWEVER YOU SEEM LIKE YOU WERE BLESS WITH A STRONG HOUSEHOLD, TWO LOVING PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS...TOO BAD MOST JAMAICAN MEN DONT STICK AROUND TO CARE FOR THEIR KIDS AND GIVE THEM STABILITY AND WISDOM LIKE YOU SEEM TO POTRAY...INSTEAD THEY ABONDON THEIR KIDS AND LEAVE THEM TO STRUGGLE WITH A MOTHER WHO HAS TO DO WHATEVER SHE NEED TO FEED AND CARE FOR HER KIDS..AND WHILE SHE IS OUT DOING SO THE KIDS ARE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF THE CRUEL NATION WE HAVE, THE GUN SONGS, THE VIOLENCE, THE SMOKING OF WEED THE ABUSE, JUST TO NAME A FEW. IT TAKES A STRONG MINDED KID WITH LOTS OF SELF ESTEEM AND SELF RESPECT TO MAKE IT IN JAMAICA. FOR LITTLE BOYS.... ITS THE GUN INTRODUCTION AN GUNS, FOR BABY GIRLS, ITS THE BIG ASS MEN THAT WANT TO SLEEP WITH THEM ALL BCUZ THEY NEED A FEW BUCKS FOR SCHOOL ARE FOOD.
MUSIC HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE STRONGEST WILL POWER FOR DECADES,IT REACHES PEOPLE SOUL, BOB MARLEY MAKE US AN AMIRABLE ISLAND AND OPEN THE MINDS OF PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE WITH "ONE BLOOD" STEVIE WONDER DOES IT AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. MUSIC IS A POWERFUL SOURCE OF COMMUNICATION AND IT TOUCHES PEOPLE IN NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE MANNER

I DONT STRIVE FROM OTHER PEOPLE DOWN FALL...THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS FOR ME, AM JUST SPEAKING THE TRUTH AND KEEPING IT REAL AND YES I BELIEVE THAT LOTS OF PEOPLE IN JAMAICA NOT JUST ENTERTAINERS SHOULD BE FLUSHED OUT...WHY NOT? IF YOU CAN GET RID OF THE BAD APPLES WHY KEEP THEM AROUND TO SPOIL THE WHOLE BUNCH...ON THE CONTRARY, ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT SHIT IS SO OUT OF CONTROL THAT IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO WEED THEM ALL OUT.

MELEON AM NOT MISERABLE, AND MAYBE I COULD TURN MY CHEEK AND MAKE COMMENT THAT WILL HAVE PEOPLE LIKING ME ON THIS SITE, BUT AM A GENUINE CONCERN JAMAICAN, AM A US CITIZEN FOR 15YRS BUT I SPENT 4MONTHS IN JAMAICA EACH YR BECAUSE I LOVE THE PLACE SO IT HURTS TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE GETS AWAY WITH BCUZ THEY HAVE A CHUMP CHANGE.I AM NOT GIVING UP YET, WE CAN STILL TURN THIS AROUND.
MY PERSONAL LIFE IS FLAWLESS, I HAVE A GREAT LIFE BUT WHEN I LOGON TO SITE LIKE THIS, MY HEART MELTS BECAUSE I CARE.

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 5, 2009 2:52 PM

@So What: I can totally understand where u coming from. As a Jamaican I share ur pain when I look at the Jamaica now, and what it used to be when I was a child. Classim has mashed up the country almost beyond repairs. Jamaica has now become a society where Money Talk and the Rich Man Walks, while if di Poorman bruck a cup, Him muss get lockup! So I can see ur anger and totally agree with ur point.

My trillion dollar question is though; What are we going to do about it? What can we do about it? I strongly believe that majority Jamaicans have gotten complacent in addressing the matters that affect them most. Police kill/coob a 'tiefing bwoy' weh just jook down a lady of her weeks pay down di road and roads get block, tya light and people roadside shop get bun-down! A bigneck man get caught in a lightbulb scandal that robbed millions from taxpayers and people just murmur and joke about it...where is the outrage? After a while the case goes quietly away without as much as a gasp from the public. Artistes go to prison fi rape and come back a road as heroes with all sort of events being held in their honour instead of being treated as the pariah they really are. All these things are troubling to me because it is sending the wrong messages to society, especially to the already screwed up youths plenty of whose parents are MIA.

Those don't agree with corruption are afraid to speak out fearing repercussions. It seems to me that we need a new set of heroes in Jamaica, people who are not afraid to die to change the system. I guess one day when it gets too much for us to bear, there will be a revolution of maximum proportion...hope that day will come soon, who to tell, I may be one of those who will start di rebelution :) It could also be u, heaven knows u sound as if u on the brink a starting one :). Girl still, when it gets too much for u, remember the good ones that silently toil to keep what little positivity we have left in our country. Focus on them and let that smile come out in your heart and on ur face because then u know that all hope is not lost, just lying semi-dormat just waiting till di cup runneth over. Have a good rest of di Sundeh my girl...keep di faith. Mi gaan back gaan hole mi steady-medi.

meleon:
Posted by meleon | April 5, 2009 3:25 PM

@Ranny: If mi head nevva deh pon mi body properly, mi parents woulda sure str8en it up wid two good box...one fi each side! Mi affi thank good parenting fi di person I am today. Anyway biggup uself and know seh u nuh need a friend fi mek a good decision...usually when u aggo do sitten foolish di fuss likkle voice u hear inna u head weh seh "no" is usually di one fi follow, don't second guess it. And when u do make a foolish decision learn from it, don't spend time and beat urself up about it. That will always keep u in a loop. Tek care a usself.

@TiredAit: Saddom and Gomorrah ownself are on them tapes. Chuss mi mi sarry mi did tek faas and look! Traumatise mi poor brain!

A word of advise:
Parents try and talk to ur little boys and girls about these things and mek dem know it is not acceptable... Make sure u always b the first ones dem come to with questions because u have predators out there, dressed in all sort of prettiness and respectability, waiting to indoctrinate them. Turn ur back on them for a minute the Pastor, the Teacher, the Police, the Polition, the entertainers many of whom are on the DL willing to lead them astray. Always bare in mind that some these professionals are not what they used to be when we were growing up...and u just cant tell who is who.

KARIS:
Posted by KARIS | May 29, 2009 4:04 PM

I come from malindi an island in kenya(AFRICA)that has predominately kenyan italians on it and borders somalia. listen this is all i have to say about the Beres hamond issue - if a man disrespects me even once i don't care how i know him,he might be a friend,foe,plumber,dj,singer,brother i dont care i just beat some sence into the bagger.Just pure kicks and blows to send a good message if you know what i mean......