« Screams, tears and high-energy performances ignited second leg of RETV School Tour | Main | Tifa "Tick It Like A Clock" before she "Spell It Out" »

Luciano back home - cops to search house

By Kon-Vick
OutAroad.com Writer

luciano_reggae_singer_jamaica.jpgVeteran reggae singer Luciano was released yesterday after several hours of interrogation concerning a shooting incident between the police and a wanted man, which took place at the singer’s residence - leaving one man dead and three officers nursing gunshot wounds. A .45 semi-automatic pistol was recovered.

Even though Luciano weren’t slapped with any charges, he might still be pruned to face criminal charges for the bloody shootout.

According to reports, it is said that the wanted man Andrew Senior also known as Conqueror who died during the shootout was placed on the cops' wanted list for shooting four police men in Central Village, St. Catherine before making his escape.

The cops will be conducting a search at Luciano's house in the presence of his lawyer today.

Real Rasta:
Posted by Real Rasta | March 26, 2009 1:09 PM

luciano managed to hide is gangsta side for so many years, sizzla was expose early. anthony b and capleton might nuh link with gun men but they too disgrace the rastafarian faith

orville:
Posted by orville | March 26, 2009 1:30 PM

people we need to understand that is was just weeks ago luciano was beaten by a man with a piece of pipe iron so I guess he might have the wanted man for his protection i would have done the same

sistren:
Posted by sistren | March 26, 2009 2:58 PM

luciano natty up him head fi get exposure dem nuh real rastas dem only give rastas bad name star fire bun pon a impostor

kuchie:
Posted by kuchie | March 26, 2009 3:30 PM

@sistren you are something else how yuh fi call di dads impostor di man affi protect himself so uhnu just low di man because if unu were in his position it's the same thing you would do

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2009 3:56 PM

Head line:Luciano back home-Cops TO search house

I thought they got a search warrant yesterday to seach the house...oh my..you mean to tell me that this is not yet done, and now luciano is back home.WOW...I HATE THESE SO CALL LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.People it is so obvious that If you have money and you are living in Jamaica you can get away with MURDER YES I SAID IT AND ITS TRUE...

I am not saying that Luciano is a murderer, but he is not saint either. They released him before EVEN searching his house.. WTF. Money talks and bullshit walks in this country.

Does habouring and aiding a fugitive (one of the most wanted man in Jamaica) means anything?i guess not! well not for celebrities in Jamaica. SAD! SAD! SAD!.Im disgusted!!!!!

Protina:
Posted by Protina | March 26, 2009 4:14 PM

dis yah story is not nice awat a gwaan wi di entertainers??????????

Jamaica1st:
Posted by Jamaica1st | March 26, 2009 4:24 PM

It seems that this incident exposes the 'real' Luciano. The allegation was that he 'promised' to pay for the engineer's services and then changed his mind, and he and his bredren beat the engineer, to show who run tings and when big man say he no pay -he no pay!

Luciano then get hit with a pipe out of retaliation for the beat-down. After that Luciano put s out a reward for any 'shotta' to go after the engineer.

It now appears that the dead man was serving a dual purpose - stay at the house to serve and protect and serve by finding the engineer. If the dead man already killed 4 policeman - what do you think Luciano intended the dead man to do when he found the engineer. Hail him and say Jah Rastafari!

Does harboring and aiding a fugitive as your bodyguard and mercinary say anything positive for who the 'real' Jah Messenger is.

The fugitive in the house is the smoking gun - say no more!!!!!

Cutiequ:
Posted by Cutiequ | March 26, 2009 4:57 PM

I dont blame Luciano, You have to protect your life all means necessary.

The police in Jamaica wont do it for you, you have do it for yourself.

No one said anything about the fact that Luciano life is in danger, but they see that he had a gun man at his residence. What did the Jamaica Police Force do to protect him after the incident was reported?.....

NOTHING......NOTHING......NOTHING.......

They are always two sides to a story.....

Leave Luciano alone......

Jah Bless....

onelove:
Posted by onelove | March 26, 2009 5:27 PM

Birds of the same feather flock together. It's understandable that Luciano needed a bodyguard. But, come on now....a knonw murderer???? That tells me that Luciano knew in advance that this man was a killer and he would have had this man kill for him if need be. You have to stay within the rules of the land no matter what. Nobody was after Luciano's life come on now get real and if they were why was the conscious Rasta man wrapped up in mess where he thought he needed protection from a gangster. Furthermore, Luciano was not even with the so called bodyguard when the events took place so who was he a bodyguard for. Luciano better Lawyer up because if he does not get charged with criminal charges I bet those cops sue him. All in all, his career has ended and on a tragic note.

Kingstung Citay:
Posted by Kingstung Citay | March 26, 2009 5:30 PM

I think what happened after Luciano got hit with a pipe was to get some 'rogue' Jamaican cops to hunt down the engineer. However, that backfired and those cops are now being investigated by the Jamaican fraud squad.

Whatever side of the story one is exposed to -Luciano's behavior is not nice. Harboring a fugitive that you know killed 4 policemen is a weapon of mass destruction.

Hopefully things will resolve themselves for the best, and everything will end on a more positive note. And hopefully the lesson learned will be that big men are not above the law; and that fugative means fugative.

Anyway, its probably best we all pick up a copy of Kuciano's new album "Jah Navigator' and let's hear what the man a really sey!

rastababe:
Posted by rastababe | March 26, 2009 5:30 PM

There is not two sides to this story because one side is dead.

Rasta Levi:
Posted by Rasta Levi | March 26, 2009 6:01 PM

As Rasta, I'm disgusted to hear that a beacon of Jamaica's music fraternity, and one confirmed with Jamaica's highest honor, the O.D. (order of distinction) was affiliated the name of H.I.M. by association to a know 'killer'.

I'm offended and I apologize on behalf of followers of H.I.M.

Remember Bounty Killer sInging "I CAN'T BELIEVE"

Well, I can't believe the ting, what Rasta a really go on with. How Rasta fi set example and the Messenger behave so.

Remember a man that have dreadlocks is a dread. a man that followers in spirituality and shows one love to all is a RASTA.

Luciano my brothers and sisters is not a RASTA he is a dread.

TiredAit:
Posted by TiredAit | March 26, 2009 6:03 PM

Fi real rastababe. Dem fi start clean up Jamdown, too much BS.

so what:
Posted by so what | March 26, 2009 9:09 PM

why you idiots are agreeing that you would keep one of the most unstable notorious killer in your house for protection, are you kiding me...you mean to tell me there is no other way to protect yourself than to bring a killer of that sort in your family.....what a peice a distruction, a wa the world gone to. luciano just prove how dumb and fake these dreadlocks are, they preach the words but dont live by them.now look what happen...disgrace and murder, very smart, very smart.as i said you all need to put in a barrell and pour gasoline on your dreads,lite and roll down SPUR-TREE-HILL. If Luciano walk free from this crime i swear i will deny jamaica as my place of birth. i can name atleast 4 charges that Luciano should be slap with and each one is atleast 6-10yrs in jail. i was just charge 10,000.00JA for AIDING&BEDING just because my kid brother drive my car without a license under my supervision muchless shit this outrage.

doug:
Posted by doug | March 26, 2009 10:02 PM

Lutan Fya did dun tell unuh seh Luciano is wolf in sheep clothing

Lucil:
Posted by Lucil | March 26, 2009 10:44 PM

I am so annoyed by all of this. Luciano is one of those artistes i look up to. He is one of the most decent in reggae music today.I think all of this was ochestrated to destract the injustice Speckles has delved him. Too much obeah/whichcraft in the business.
Bwaay uncle Lucie keep your head up. I am praying with you. Only God is gonna deliver you. The truth will come to the top like oil on top of water.

One Love:
Posted by One Love | March 27, 2009 12:03 AM

Lucil, it's unfortunate you look up to an artist that harbors a murderer who put his family in front of deaths door. Stop looking up to those who dwell in the dark. Wake up my sister, I know you love the man but, he did wrong by associating himself with this man who committed a sin. "thou shall not kill." Luciano played with fire and he got burnt. If he id his business with Freckles in a professional manner then NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. He should have been with a big label and managed by a team of professionals. For as great of a singer you think he is he sure wasn't good at handeling his business. Just face the facts and don't put too much into mankind. Many are called but few are chosen my Dear Sistren.

BOB MARLEY:
Posted by BOB MARLEY | March 27, 2009 3:23 AM

WHO DI CAP FIT, LET DEM WEAR IT ....

My Opinion:
Posted by My Opinion | March 27, 2009 9:23 AM

Even Jesus par wid man weh chop of man ears and David weh murda so much people is highly regarded in the bible. nuff pastor and priest a sex who dem nuh fi sex (lickle boys and uhman weh dem nuh married to) Jus chill and know seh dis world full of negative elements and sometime yuh affi use fire fight fire.yow mi not even like Luciano but I don't think anybody perfect and nuff a unuh weh a chat capable of worse

fran:
Posted by fran | March 27, 2009 11:46 AM

its always sad when these thing do happen, but the harsh reality of thing are one has to protect them self from the many elements of crime which plague the country, as i am thinking of having a tug/ gunman at my house to protect me and my family as crack heads terriozed my property daily and gun men romed the streets and police dont have the resources to fight these organized crimes as on known jamaican abroad and one in a jamaican prison has the most rifles in jamaica in the hands of tugs who rob, rape and kill daily. please give the man a break cause nuff a who a chat have badman inna dem family,
GIVE THE MAN A BREAK,
TALK TO YUNOO BAD MAN PITNEY DEM AN YUNOO BADMAN THEM.

onelove:
Posted by onelove | March 27, 2009 11:56 AM

Look everybody this man put Luciano's child in front of him as a human shield. Stop sticking up for someone who wanted to dwell in the same place as this man. Get a clue here if you play with fire you will get burnt. And by the way, Luciano is no Jesus Christ....let's just get that straight.

@doug:
Posted by @doug | March 27, 2009 12:32 PM

lutan fya caan talk bout luciana cause nuh him and him friend dem go inna people house and bun it down.beenie,sizzla,capelton,delly ranks,rapist jah cure,spragga and di whola dem a wolf inna sheep clothing.smady need fi hold di whola dem and trim dem claat.is a damn shame,
nobody fi sparks near bob marley trail

DEFENDER:
Posted by DEFENDER | March 27, 2009 2:56 PM

THIS ONE NUH EASY ATALL, WHEN OBSTACLES ARE PUT IN YOUR WAY IT IS HARD TO DO THE RIGHT THING- TEMPTATION SETS IN WITH ANGER - SEEMS LUCIANO TOOK THE WRONG CHOICE IN PARRING WITH THIS WANTED MAN....IT SEEM LUCI NEEDED SOME PROTECTION AS HE WAS IN SOME FORM OF ALTERCATION, HE SHOULD KNOW HOW FI DEAL WID THE SITUATION----NOW HE HAS GIVEN STRENGH TO THE HEATHEN DEM SO THEY CAN POINT THEIR FINGER SO FORTH BRING SHAME ONTO THE RASTA COMMUNITY, SERVING THE MOST HIGH IS ALWAYS A CHALLENGE AND THE TEMPTATIONS ARE MANY, HAVE TOO KEEP FOCUS BUT MOST OF ALL HAVE TOO PRAY AND DO UR LIKKLE TING TO KEEP THE HEATHEN AWAY....JAH LIVE FOREVER.....

for what:
Posted by for what | March 27, 2009 3:14 PM

this is not a simple thing so dont approuch it from a such an angle
we know the two parties had a conflict but this is a totaly un related senario shoulden this be the position freckles is in he should be the one protecting him self but not so right.
this is acase of intention
more than protection
i heard that the dead man is him woman brother so he knows fulwell what he was doing
it is just unfortunate that he could not just be a man and just do what was right and all this wouldnt be
wish him the best and hope that this does not take away one more of our leaders
blessed

nelly:
Posted by nelly | March 27, 2009 4:18 PM

@My Opinion - you said it Best

@ Rasta Levy. who r u to tell the man sey him is not a rasta....I sure hope u nuh have nothing in your closet. Everyone makes mistakes thats why there is forgivness. If you Was a Righteous person your first action towards a brother would be to at least hear his side first then u would pray for him. But the first thing u do as a Rasta is fi draw card pon the man...FIRE BUN fi you..You ah Imposter to..ah DAT ME SEH.

Folks, what we keep forgetting is that We(humans) are not perfect and this is why God Almighty will forgive us Million times over.

Yes, what he did was wrong, but why should we string him up. A Sin is a Sin is a Sin. You (anyone of you) might not have a gun man inna your house but ah bet you anything that you are doing something that is Sinful also.

nelly:
Posted by nelly | March 27, 2009 4:38 PM

@So What - sorry for your $10g plight. Bwoy dat same charge deh almost reach mi because i rented a car and i let my brother drive it...When the police told me that my brother is not on the rental agreement and they will charge me with Aiding&Abedding...i also pass out...mi sey, i came up with a argument for the police telling him mi feel sick that shy mi brother ah drive. and to my surprise i throw-up right at the police feet. and he told me to go..when we were driving again, my brother said..where u sick for real..i was like NO, dont know where theat came from.

Anyway, There is a saying out there that the 1/2 as Never been Told -

I am in No way shape or form agreeing with Luciano, but I will not condemn him either.

onelove:
Posted by onelove | March 28, 2009 3:44 AM

You have to condemn a man who puts his family in danger PERIOD !!!!!!

Sun:
Posted by Sun | March 30, 2009 8:26 PM

Big up to Nelly Comment.....

Rasta Levi i cant wait to see when judgment come and see where your status are...

Lawd i hope u make no mistake. Im sure Jah gonna tell u.. "LEVY look how u look and just Luciano tell me why should i forgive you for your sin" lol lol..

onelove:
Posted by onelove | March 31, 2009 3:37 AM

Well, I suggest Luciano Lawyer up. He has been charged, next the cops will sue him and maybe even the dead man's family. They will suck him dry just to see what they can get. Nonetheless, What a mess as Luciano has a mess to clean up!!!!

He better keep his mouth shut so he can keep his story straight.

pumpumconqueror:
Posted by pumpumconqueror | April 2, 2009 1:31 PM

what i wanna know is who tips the police off to acting on information. the guys who hit Luciano with the pipe???? or The stevens who live next door??? lol glayds and abner.???
all time i hear bout police called acting on information. so who knew, that the man was there and how can he be so careless. pluss the fact everyone knows to its realy hard to find a real rasta whos not dealing in shit in jamaica or other.
but at least they try. And finding out bout the stuff tht went down in his studio. U know that man was body guard. But those jerks walk stupid any way and ih ave met few of them and they dont deserve anyones time. Maybe Beres hammonds..
Most of the rastas who run with the shit just have nothing to do but wreck lives of others , greedy , stocky, and alot of time its the good person they destroy who lose.. to bad because To Luciano born on my birth day, and was one of my top favs in rasta music.
Bush man probably runs same way..