« Freaky Fridays at stratford Rex | Main | Scenes from Club Jamaica-Jamaica Launch - ST. Ann »

Rihanna's Dad Says He'll Support Her Choices

rihanna_daddy_Ronald_Fenty_photos.jpgLearning that his daughter and Chris Brown have reconciled, Rihanna's father says he supports the singer in her decisions.

"Whatever road she chooses, I'm behind her," said Ronald Fenty, when reached by telephone on Barbados. Fenty took the reunion in stride Saturday, as he worked selling novelty items on a street corner in downtown Bridgetown. He says he hasn't spoken to his daughter since earlier this month, for her 21st birthday, and only found out about the reconciliation through the media.

"We are a family who stick together even though we are apart," he tells PEOPLE.

Rihanna and Brown have been in Miami Beach together, almost three weeks after Brown, 19, allegedly battered the "Umbrella" singer on Feb. 8, a source tells PEOPLE.

"While Chris is reflective and saddened about what happened, he is really happy to be with the woman he loves," the source says.

As for Rihanna, Fenty would only say, "She's a smart girl." When asked what he would tell Brown as a father, he demurred, "I have no comment on Chris Brown."

Source: people.com

taniesha:
Posted by taniesha | February 28, 2009 6:05 PM

Rhianna do what you feel is best, but at the same time be careful. I love you girl keep doing what u doing. for all the haterz give the girl a break ya'll don't know what really took place.

anonymous:
Posted by anonymous | February 28, 2009 6:41 PM

WAT!!!!!!! she go back to him? oh my, she is either too in love or its simply stupidity.oh well its her choice

Amarie:
Posted by Amarie | February 28, 2009 10:19 PM

I'm not surprised i saw that coming. I'm very proud of them and i wish them all the best in their relationship and their career no one is perfect and criss made a mistake. RI RI my favorite girl just follow your heart and be careful dont hit a man no matter how angry u get he will damage you. As for criss no more loose gal and no more drama. Good luck.

Tacious is a GOOD LOOK:
Posted by Tacious is a GOOD LOOK | February 28, 2009 10:24 PM

---
Oh please, spare the drama. Chris Brown should've known better than to beat her up so harshly. And Rihanna is a damn fool for going back to him. My grandmother said 'a man who hits you once will hit you more than twice'. So yeah, we don't know what happened, but Rihanna did not deserve to beaten up on the steet like she's some street nigga.
Chris is a pussy from the beginning and this whole situation just enhaces his p*$$y-ness.
GAWD, why must women be so foolish??

Waterhouse:
Posted by Waterhouse | February 28, 2009 11:40 PM

Sh@%t happened some time to everyone in life/relationship which we all would love to take back. I hope Chris learned from his mistakes and moved on to be a better man.. Everybody need a second chance in life, Rihanna gave Chris a 2nd chance to do good so let us support them......a good youth.

kingston's finest:
Posted by kingston's finest | March 1, 2009 1:20 AM

bwoy a dat u call love but yo mi no wan it

Chris Brown:
Posted by Chris Brown | March 1, 2009 2:32 AM

She know seh is SHE start the fight. She know is SHE overdo di ting first! She know she guilty...all that happen is that she lose the fight dis time! Next round is chris brown ah get black and blue and it won't even REACH the news!!! Nuh ramp wid di bajan woman dem when dem jealous!

Real ting! Rihanna ah move like seh she is not a warrior? She DONT want the truth to come out. She would haffi start endorse bandaid & everlast and leave the 'cover girl' image to decent chicks.

GCue:
Posted by GCue | March 1, 2009 9:09 AM

If Rihanna wants to be with Chris that’s her choice but as a father I can’t support it. I would not let that man feel he can get off that easy. People don't change over night!

Light Angel:
Posted by Light Angel | March 1, 2009 11:10 AM

Well what i have to say is Chris shouldn't have her in the first place but LOVE is blind, foolish and thats what happening now. I rate Rihanna alot,and once had ome ratings for Chris but not anymore. I understand her choice and respect it and will forever be a fan of hers. I hope see know what see is doing, as her father says "she is a smart girl". However deep down I feel like Chris will probably hit her again, which I believe that no one would want that to happen.
I wish them all the best and that they will finally be happy but anyway it goes Chris should suffer the consequences of his actions.

shanaia:
Posted by shanaia | March 1, 2009 12:30 PM

what a way she fool fool .. lawd .. u may love him but gurl next time a dead u a guh dead .

toni:
Posted by toni | March 1, 2009 12:55 PM

All I have to say is Rihanna watch ur back, start wear body armour round him, cause very soon him might just Snap again!

Lies:
Posted by Lies | March 1, 2009 1:48 PM

I don't believe it. I haven't seen any pictures of her and Chris Brown together. I think those American media outlets and Chris Brown's people are just trying to make it seem as if she's taking him back so they can argue that the situation must not have been that bad or serious. Remember, his case goes to court this week. So, we'll see.

so what:
Posted by so what | March 1, 2009 4:14 PM

HIM LOVE ME DATS WHY HIM BEAT ME....THATS WHAT THE GHETTO FOOL FOOL GAL THEM USE TO SAY WHEN THEIR MEN BEATS ON THEM. DAMN RI RI I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN TO BE A MAN BEATING BAG. YOU ARE A SUPER STAR, WITH FAME AND MONEY, YOU DONT NEED NO BWOY FI EMBARASS YOU TO THE WHOLE WORLD THE WAY CHRIS HAS, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT HAD HAPPEN, IT JUST SHOULDN'T GET THAT FAR. YOU ACT LIKE SOME GIRLS WHO BROKE AND HAVE 4PICKNEY FI TEK CARE OF AND THEM NEED TO TAKE WHATEVER THEM GET BECAUSE THEY CANT DO BETTER, GIVE ME A F**KING BREAK. THERE IS LOTS OF GUYS OUT THERE THAT CAN LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU, DAMN WHAT ABOUT JUSTINE TIMBERLAKE, HE HAS SOME SOUL FOR A WHITE BOY AND HE LOOKS HOT WITH YOU. WHAT ABOUT MAVADO LOL, WHAT ABOUT SOME OF THOSE YOUNG HANDSOME RICH NBA PLAYERS LIKE, RASHAD MCCANTS, BRYANT JUST TO NAME A FEW. DAMN WHAT ABOUT THOSE SEXIEST MODELS THAT MAKING MONEY, SHYT WHAT ABOUT MY DAMN BROTHER. LEAVE CHRIS BROWN SORRY A*S .

bullhead:
Posted by bullhead | March 1, 2009 8:21 PM

Keep your dirty antagonistic ways to yourself and there shall be peace.

princess D:
Posted by princess D | March 2, 2009 7:41 AM

I MUST SAY I SAW THIS COMING EVEN IF IT IS NOT THE TRUTH, SHE LOVES HIM,, HE LOVES HER BUT THST DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO BEAT HER BUT LIFE AND MISTAKES GOES ON,, IF IT IS THAT SHE FORGAVE HIM AND NOW BACK WITH HIM, I HOPE HE LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES AND GET SOME HELP FOR THAT ABUSIVE ATTITUDE. OUTAROAD IT WOULD BE POSITIVE IF YOU CAN GET US SOME PHOTO'S OF THE TWO TOGETHER TO PROVE THIS STATEMENT!!! IF POSSIBLE OR ELSE WE WOULD JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE CASE IS CALLED AND SEE WHETHER OR NOT SHE DROPS ALL CHARGES AGAINST HIM.

RI RI I AM NOT REALLY A FAN OF URS BUT U GAT TALENT AND AM VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR BEING A CARIBBEAN PRINCESS.... YOU CAN DO BETTER, U DONT NEED A MAN BEATING UP ON YOU, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON MAY BE BUT I RESPECT UR FATHER FOR SUPPORTING YOU, THATS A TRUE FATHER BUT TAKE CARE OF URSELF GIRL U HAVE LOTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO

Posted by Protina | March 2, 2009 8:48 AM

all we read on the net is gossip and no concrete foundation to the real issue at hand at what really happen but dispite all of that from a man pon im han pon mi it OVER... i could love him gone to bed that just naah go work wid mi

RI wise up girl let this not be true.....

dougie:
Posted by dougie | March 2, 2009 12:15 PM

One question....why is Rihanna's father selling on the streets in Barbados??

Can:
Posted by Can | March 2, 2009 2:34 PM

I'm not surprised. As stated before, research has proven that most women, as much as nuff a wi run up wi mouth, don't leave an abusive relationship until way too late. Plus Rihanna grew up in an abusive home with a crack addicted father - she nuh know nuttin else relationshipwise, so mentally she's prone to stay in something like that. Yeah nuff a wi may seh she should know better becuz her mom went thru it, but unfortunately it doesn't always go that way. She has to make up her mind to leave, nobody can tell her to leave - I have a few friends who are perfect example of this theory.

so what:
Posted by so what | March 2, 2009 7:13 PM

SO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THIS RECONCILIATION, ITS TRUE TRUE TRUE. ITS ON EVERY MAJOR AND CREDIABLE TELEVISION NETWORK AND RADIO STATION HERE IN AMERICA INCLUDED THE BIGGEST NETWORK BROADCASTER, CNN. 76%OF AMERICAN IS DISAPROVE AND 24% IS WITH IT. BUT MY GOD ITS UNBELIAVABLE QUICK, IS SHE THAT IN LOVE? I GUESS THEY ARE RIGHT WHEN THEY SAY...'LOVE WILL MAKE YOU DO SOME CRAZY THINGS' CHRIS... RIHANNA GAVE YOU SO MUCH OVER HER, YOU PRETTY MUCH TOOK HER SELF-ESTEEM AND CLASS WITH THIS ONE BECAUSE I KNOW SHE WONT BE CONSIDER A ROAD MODEL ARE A PRINCESS ANYMORE, THE PEOPLE THAT MADE HER WHICH IS US,YOU, ME, LOOSE OFF OF HER .CHRIS YOU ARE SMART TO GO BACK, I BET YOUR ONLY DOING THIS TO SAVE YOUR A*S, MAYBE WHEN ITS ALL OVER YOU WILL BE OUT....DAMN THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SUICIDAL FOR RIRI

Posted by sweet amber | March 2, 2009 10:49 PM

we r all humans everyone deserve a second chance

flonia brown:
Posted by flonia brown | March 3, 2009 12:40 PM

wel baby girl am behind you one hundred percent and whatever you choose i still love you. but always remember once an abuser always an abuser

bullhead:
Posted by bullhead | March 4, 2009 9:27 AM

who exactly is an abuser? the one who constantly bully you around, until you punch them in the face? or the one who punches you for bullying them?

Posted by coffee | March 4, 2009 11:28 PM

i heard that Rihanna might have been hit by an air bag, which reminds me, they haven't conclusively proven that Chris Brown assaulted her yet, right?

Drastic:
Posted by Drastic | March 5, 2009 1:38 AM

lol wha dem say love hurts i guess deh is a shining example of it lol .

matyres:
Posted by matyres | March 5, 2009 10:40 AM

rihanna do what you do since you love chris and i know he loves you go back and be with him . we love with a love more than love