« Beyonce as Wonder Woman? | Main | Mavado takes double on the OutAroad.com Top 20 Hot Singles Chart »

Who are kidnapping our women & children - CULTISM or PLAIN EVIL?

By Patrice Henry
Letter To The Editor

Last week was my first time writing to OutAroad.com's (Letter to the Editor), but since the constant kidnapping of females and children I felt it is right for me to say my piece. I hope the authorities can quickly put an end to this plague that has fallen on our society.

patrice.jpgCultism - A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader - (The Free Dictionary)

With the recent rise of abduction in our communities, it begs for question the thoughts being concocted in the minds of these offenders. Are they operating under the guise of Cultism or is this just Plain Evil being brought upon us?

The usage of the word “offenders” seems an understatement as it is hard to refer as mildly to persons that would find pleasure in hurting other human beings.

From the news reports, their Modus Operandi is targeting women & children; however, there have been isolated incidents of attack on men also. Whether or not the attacks are related, is yet to be confirmed.

Stories have been told of children, terrified to go to school & to return home, for fear that they too may fall prey to these maniacal traps.

Information given by victims, whose lives have been spared, is that the perpetrators are seemingly taking instructions from another person not present at the time of the abduction.

This is where the theory on Cultism surfaces…

…seeing the victims are chosen at random, what could be driving them to not only abduct but rape & subsequently return victims to the point of origin? Who is this unknown ‘ring leader’? Are these acts being conducted by different groups or by the same group of persons?

These are only a few of the un-answered questions lingering.

In the interim, fun, as most of us know it and the liberty to ‘go & come’ as we please will change drastically, I’m sure.

We all have to develop or sharpen our sense of awareness and also inform those around us of this threat on our society. It seems that no area is any longer safe; no class is exempt; no gender is being pardoned. Most of all, try as best as possible to stay safe & secure loved ones.

Please feel free to visit my blog www.thepsh.blogspot.com

Kandy:
Posted by Kandy | November 11, 2008 11:49 AM

amy ashwood this is what you should have written about but then again nuh body nuh want fi kidnapped you because a old cow amy wash-hood. nice piece girl, every day mi go on the road mi fret because mi know know if I am going to be the next one to be taken away

Posted by the voice | November 11, 2008 11:54 AM

We have been hearing reports all over this nation about kidnappings, murder of children, men being sodomized, murder on a whole. Now what is going to happen? Parents are scared to send out their children. We in Jamaica dont have the resources to acquire certain security facilities. The police wont act unless someone dies, and I know this of a fact, because I made a call to a particular station and was told that they dont have any information or knowledge of kidnappings. When are they going to start investigating and realise that it is not fiction. Thanks Patrice for this article, with constant reminder of what we have to face on a daily basis, we will always be on guard. I too think that more communities need to form citizen associations to monitor activities in their area. blessings outaroad.com

cypher:
Posted by cypher | November 11, 2008 11:56 AM

Should these people be killed when found or not? I would choose the former but maybe i have a mis-guided sense of justice.

Posted by King Verzatyl | November 11, 2008 1:16 PM

all of these kidnappings are of da beast.People fell to realize satan has children both black and white,so basically im telln u that da evil ones are here amongst us and religion Is controlling all this caos that going on.Its time to put love back amongst us and protect each other.Without unity these things will not stop.The beast 6000yrs is up and its now oo never for us. Love is my religion and people are my life!

dat mi seh:
Posted by dat mi seh | November 11, 2008 1:22 PM

Our little island can be so huge,because we have the potential to be great,but these crimes keep tearing us down. This is a crying shame, how they do this to their own people. These are the bad seeds that contributes to the overpowering of our great achievements as a country.

BE AWARE!

shatta:
Posted by shatta | November 11, 2008 4:24 PM

A go man fi go a de devil church and murda d whole a dem,a de hatian dem weh tek ova wi island a bring in all this pagan rituals.weh d badman dem deh wen dem fi stand up fi innocent woman and children.d dutty police dem no care wat a happen to people but dem quick fi murda ghetto yutes.jamaica gone to the dogs.the whole jamaica need to rise up and stop the nonsense,dem ready fi war ova politics but silent when children r in danger a f*ckery dat star .gunshot fi dem straight.

Posted by Wycliffe Hill | November 11, 2008 4:51 PM

Well I don't know could be many things. I know in parts of the world they kidnap women and children and use them as sex slaves. So maybe this is what these evil fuckers are doing. We need volunteers to monitor our kids to make sure they have a safe passage home so they don't have a encounter with these evil mother fuckers. I'm really pissed reading shit like this, things like this shouldn't happen....especially in our country

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2008 7:33 PM

a di the Haitian dem from dem start come a jamaica di place get from bad to worse. Everyday a different crosses hit Haiti other day school collapse how many a dem dead, how much hurricane hit dat place and kill them,there was nuff kidnappings happening over there and now the same thing a happen a Jamaica. dem bring them evil and voodoo worshipping to tear dun Jamaica

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2008 8:25 PM

Interesting article Patrice, but is it that Jamaicans are really cowards, that we see it fit to just sit back and do noting, apart from just ....... WAIT..... oh come on lets challenge ourselves.

Gryna Physician:
Posted by Gryna Physician | November 12, 2008 6:42 AM

Mi haffi laugh to r*sss "Men"gettin rape!lollol mi a tan a farrin b4 mi come out deh come get mi bombo buss,unuh tan out deh wid unuh f_ckery.Dem f_ck di rasta man inna my parish suh dem nassi nigga deh all ova ja.

All Gryna hav to offer to unuh rightnow is "Guidance and protection".

¤Gryna¤

missy:
Posted by missy | November 12, 2008 11:30 AM

This is so ridiculous, I think these things only happened in Africa where the men take away tha children and rape them in order to cure HIV. But come on Jamaican remember our motto, "Out of Many one people" The people need to come together and unite as one and protect our children because without them the further of jamaica is dark. The police officers need to leave the ghetto people alone, go and find these cold hearted rapist and bring them to justice. The churches need to come together also and worship on tha streets because nothing beat prayer n fasting. Jamaica is like a dog eat dog world, one man for himself. We need to stand strong as a nation and protect our youth.

Blessing.......

Seriously:
Posted by Seriously | November 12, 2008 12:46 PM

Seriously, I don't even know what to say. I was about say that women should walk with men to be safe but yesterday I heard that two men and a girl were walking and the 3 of them were kidnapped at gunpoint, taken somewhere else and raped, YES ALL 3 WERE RAPED, the 2 man and the girl.

I bought my plane ticket this morning, because i'm not staying here because how I look, dem will tink seh i'm easy target, so me a fly out cause mi nuh waa get rape.

Seriously, Ladies and Gentlemen easy on the going out, walk in crowds, don't walk at nights on lonely roads. Call a taxi ( a taxi company) it's safer that way, it might be a little expensive, but which would u prefer, To spend the money or get yuh pum pum or b@tty mash up

Posted by The Voice | November 12, 2008 12:54 PM

Gryna Physician im not hitting out on you or showing any hate or disrespect, but I think this is a very sensitive issue and for your information its happening all over the world. Have you ever heard the old adage, "if America cough Jamaica catch it". Do you really think all these religions were started in Jamaica? I guess not. But I do hope that some closure can be brought to this issue, because it is affecting the nation, especially our children's development.

Posted by Anonymous | November 12, 2008 3:40 PM

I cannot believe that Jamaica the Pearl of the Caribbean could come to this, men, women and children being kidnapped, raped and murdered. I was just saying to my sister, who live in Ja. that it would be nice to return to live in Jamaica as the big city life here in NY certainly take a toll on you after a while. Now I am having second thoughts as I do not want any of those things to happen to me or my family. So I'll just forget about it. I do not want to be judgemental, but I know that kidnapping, rape and murder are very popular in Haiti where they kidnapp people for ransom. Maybe the government should look very deeply into this and if those bastards are caught and if it can be proven that they are the ones committing these crimes, they should not only be sent to jail, but deported;let them take their crime, their rituals and their nastiness back to their homeland. "Sorry fe maga dog, maga dog tun round bite you".

Rmak:
Posted by Rmak | November 13, 2008 3:23 PM

One of if not the only major reason y these crimes are being committed is because of how easy it is to get away with it.

Anynomous:
Posted by Anynomous | November 14, 2008 3:37 PM

I most certainly agree with Rmak that one of the reasons why these crimes are so easily committed in Ja. is because it is easy for them to get away with it. The Police Department need to be more vigilant in investigating and pursuing these criminals, and I hope that they will consider the seriousness of these crimes and intensify their method of security in protecting innocent people in the island for which they are being paid. It can happen to anyone including their own family.

goodgirl:
Posted by goodgirl | November 18, 2008 8:06 AM

i dont want to sound like a bad person but ever since those haiti people come to jamaica these things start to happen they strongly believe in cults as they think killing kids could make them rich even Africans practice these things on a daily basis and iv heard of alot of them now living the and last but not least there's a certain people who wants a certain sexual act to be legalise maybe this is a way to get back remember a lot of them as been murdered as well so this can be the perfect pay back.

debbie-ann:
Posted by debbie-ann | November 25, 2008 6:02 PM

hello!everyone out there.
i'm not here to judge anyone, there are only one true judge and he is my heavenly father he will judge each and every one on judgement day. my comment are, were are the country jamaica that we all know that are beautiful. i'm living in the state. i remember when i used to walk the street and stay out on my front pourch late at night now know one cannot do that any more. people you all need to wake up. give your heart to the lord this world is mess up people need to seek the lord while he can be found. and in jamaica they need to fired all those police. and recute new ones. if the politation cannot run the country. they need to sell it to america or get help from america. people seek god he is the healer for this world. there are nothing in this world that catch my eyes. jamaican and all the churches need to come together and take back their country not by voilence but by praying and fasting god bless and save jamaica cover all the children and mens and womens in jaMAICA AN THE WORLD. BRING THOSE EVIL AND WICKED PEOPLE TO JUSTICE.