« Deva Bratt is alive and well - Back in the studio recording new songs | Main | Vybz Kartel feat. Spice - Ramping Shop - photo video »

Met police defend decision not to ban Bounty Killer’s concert

bountykiller.jpgOutAroad.com understands that Bounty Killer concert in Stratford Rex on Sunday November 23rd went on despite strong protest by gay rights group OutRage.

Gay rights activists were angry with the London police for not stopping the concert because Bounty Killer was on the list of artistes who did not sign the Reggae Compassionate Act (RCA). Which states that he must not perform any music that encourages or glorifies any form of violence.

The Met police told PinkNews.co.uk:
"We are aware of a planned concert by the artist Bounty Killer at Stratford Rex on Sunday November 23rd.

"Conferences have been held between the police, the venue's management and the artist's manager in order to consider the most productive way to handle the matter.

"A previous concert at the venue with the artist passed of without incident. The club have given us full access and we will deal robustly with any offences that arise."

In March of this year Bounty Killer aka Grung gad had, two shows cancelled in Bradford and Birmingham due to protests by the gay human rights group OutRage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by LEXX BROWN | November 25, 2008 11:53 AM

MAN WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY..

MAN THIS SH*T SOUND SO GOOD...

BOUNTY IS MY FAVORITE ARTIST AND THEY FIGHT THE MAN TO MUCH..

SHOUTS TO THE POLICE AND BOUNTY FOR GETTIN THIS GOIN.

andrewm:
Posted by andrewm | November 25, 2008 12:29 PM

MAN AH GOD MAN AND ME NUH FREN FISH! BULLET!

mamalastboy:
Posted by mamalastboy | November 25, 2008 1:50 PM

Tell di bl**dclaut gay boi dem fi come ya mek wi execute dem r*ss. D*ad dem fi d*ad f**kery dem keepin up. dem hav rights we hav rights to. Killa tell di sh*t pit f**ka dem fi guh sack dem ma. Dem caah stop yuh bless up.

machine01:
Posted by machine01 | November 25, 2008 1:56 PM

FULLTIME THESE PEOPLE REALIZE DE WORL NO CIRCULATE ROUND DEM ALONE WAH HAPPEN TO THE MANY FANS WEH LIV ABROAD AND DEM WANT FE GO SEE DEM FAV ARTIST,YOW DEM FE STOP DE BULLSHIT YA NOW,STOP FORCE PEOPLE FE BELIEVE INNA FE DEM LIVITY, LIFE MUS GO ON, ENUFF OF THIS GAY TING IT'S GETTIN OLD NOW,UNO GET UNO SHINE, LEAVE STRAIT PEOPLE MEK DEM LIV DEM LIFE,BIG UP TO THE KILLA EVERYTIME ,KABOOOM

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2008 4:29 PM

I agree Gays are human beings, and have rights as human beings, but what rights do they have to dictate when and where reggae artists should hold their concerts? I don't hear any american/british or any other international artists signing anything like that, except for the Jamaican/Caribbean artists. They are taking this thing about gay rights too far now as a result of which the caribbean artists are being victimized. Straight people have rights too, I hope.

Lulz:
Posted by Lulz | November 25, 2008 4:32 PM

Glad to read this, Killa is a living legend, he is one of the few artists not to sign this act, so happy he didn't sellout

dianne:
Posted by dianne | November 25, 2008 5:18 PM

man nuh tek back talk. a dat we sey. to the wooorrrlld

realist:
Posted by realist | November 25, 2008 6:55 PM

please do not refer to Outrage as a Human rights organization. These people are inhuman.

Homosex is perverse disgusting and predatory. These people are not representing humans they are a mafia that wants to force people to accept them and use the law to sue people and mess up their lives and careers.

They were not created to push things up their exits, they CHOOSE to do that and try to force that choice on others. They try to force people to accept their filthyness and are adopting children and corrupting their minds.

Soon they will make it a hate crime to say that gay is wrong. They are going to soon target preachers in the churches besides our artists. Then it will be a jailable offense to preach that homosex is immoral. Their next step will be to ban the Bible as a hate book, because they can not accept what it says.

Remember people prophecy in the New Testament declare that Antichrist will be a b*ttyman. So all these people are twisting 'liberal' minds into thinking that it is ok.

BUN DEM OUT NO APOLOGIES. THEY NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO ALLMIGHTY FOR THEIR WICKEDNESS AND REPENT BEFORE THEY FACE THE JUDGEMENT. NONE SHALL ESCAPE.

the lovely MISS TACIOUS:
Posted by the lovely MISS TACIOUS | November 25, 2008 11:10 PM

@ realist
No one if forcing anything on anyone. If you had the slightest bit of intelligence you'd know that the Reggae Compassion Act is against music that condones violence OVERALL whether it be man/man, man/woman, woman/woman

Homosexuals are human, just like you and I. Get the f**k over it. How would you feel if you were banned from entering a country because you were Jamaican? I dont think you'd feel to good would you.

For a breed who loves pussy so much, you guys shouldnt be so afraid of Gays. They arent bothering you. If you were comfortable with your sexuality then this stuff wouldnt bother you.

the lovely MISS TACIOUS:
Posted by the lovely MISS TACIOUS | November 25, 2008 11:11 PM

Gah, the ignorance and stupidity is overwhelming.

james:
Posted by james | November 26, 2008 10:36 AM

if your gay your gay... but stop trying to tell me i must except it.. if these guys have a gay pride concert we don't show up and protest, so why do they do it to us? I will never except it NEVER! but i do know how to live and let live... what they must understand is as natural as it feels to them is as unnatural as it feels to us.. at the end of the day my faith in god means more to me then a gay couple being able to get married or adopt kids. god 1st everything else after... sorry for you when the big man come

mad lass:
Posted by mad lass | November 26, 2008 12:04 PM

@ tacious they corrupt your u too (you dont comfortable with your sexuality) bullshit that a next saying by the anticrist for we blacks to accept there nasty ways that why what in happen jamaica &the rest of the world we back &defend too mush bullshty.

boise:
Posted by boise | November 26, 2008 2:08 PM

PORTMORE EMPIRE GOVERN THE WORLD A WALK WE WALK PON GRUNG GAD AND PISS INNA GULLY

Andrew:
Posted by Andrew | November 26, 2008 2:14 PM

Miss Tacious...We as straight people have rights too, we also have freedom of speech..The last time I check mi come out of mi mother P#$$!..Not mi father b@##* so why should we accept that?? Them need to stay where them deh and low us straight people..Straight! There is sugar coating this nonsense....Them fi stop trying to justify cause them can't multiply, life over death!

the lovely MISS TACIOUS:
Posted by the lovely MISS TACIOUS | November 27, 2008 8:26 AM

See what I mean by ignorance.
First of all, I am comfortable with my sexuality as a straight woman. If I wasn't comfortable with my sexual orientation, I'd be like you all and say BUN A FIYAH PON A CHI CHI!

Secondly, I live in a city (Toronto) where you can be CHARGED with a HATE CRIME! Canada values Gay rights and I don't see the reason to get my a*s in trouble because I cant stand to see the sight of two men kissing, please, I am waaay too cute to go to jail.

Thirdly, I did not say to get used to them, READ IN CONTEXT! I said GET OVER IT! WHO CARES IF PEOPLE ARE GAY! WHY IS IT SUCH A CONCERN!

This goes to Andrew:
You are confused with the definition of Freedom of Speech. There is no doubt that we are allowed to exercise our opinions HOWEVER we do it for the better of the SOCIETY. This is where you have it wrong....when you say insulting things about gay people such as BUN A FIYAH, BUSS A SHOT PON DEM or whatever you are DISCRIMINATING, you know what that means?? You are UNFAIRLY JUDGING A PERSON BASED ON RACE, CREED or in this case SEXUAL ORIENTATION!

Discrimination and freedom of speech are TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS so please don't ever mix up the two.

james:
Posted by james | November 27, 2008 10:40 AM

MISS TACIOUS we don't care where you live or how you look man to man is unjust i put my trust in god, not your opinion. god say! any man that lay down with a man the same way him lay down with a woman will be put to death!.... know that! you can't tell me nothing.. what the f you take this thing fa.. two man or two woman can't bring life.. know that! .. you act as if we don't have sense GO SIT DOWN!

RUGU:
Posted by RUGU | November 27, 2008 11:18 AM

@ TACIOUS OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS....... ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO THINK YOU ARE SO INTELLIGENT THATS F**KIN UP THE WORLD. NOW WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY GET OVER IT? GET OVER A MAN FU*^&IN MAN? LIKEWISE A WOMAN? NOW YOUR INTELLIGENCE SEEM TO HAS NO BOUNDS, MORAL, OR REGARDS FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. SO TELL YUH WHAT YOU AND THESE GAY FOLKS FIND THE DEEPEST PART OF THE OCEAN AND DROWN UNO SELF SEEN... AND YOU SEEN TO HAVE BEENGOING TO SCHOOL, USING YUR BIG WORDS AND ALL BUT TELL YUH WHAT, DUPPY KNOWWHO FI FRIGHTEN AD I DONT KNOW ABOUT OTHERS BUT U ARE JUST ANOTHER VICTIM OF SOCIETY. U ARE SO CAUGHT UP IN THE MIX TO BELIEVE ONE SHOULD JUT ET OVER STUFF LIKE GAYS... FOR A PERSON WHO CLAIM OTHERS ARE SO IGNORANT, YOUR CASE IS BEYOND SAD.

the lovely Miss Tacious:
Posted by the lovely Miss Tacious | November 27, 2008 5:33 PM

@ Ruggu Ragga Muffin
shut the f**k up and settle your damn nerves
PEOPLE LIKE ME YOU F**KING ENVY ME GET IT RIGHT DUMBA*S.
You call me ignorant, when I am spitting STRAIGHT F**KING KNOWLEDGE
You dont know me but take a lesson or two and you MAY be ENLIGHTENED

And I dont THINK I am intelligent, I KNOW I AM INTELLIGENT
You mad?

I am in no way shape or form a VICTIM of society, the fuck?? Am I supposed to be APOLOGETIC because I was never raised to HATE??
F**k no and F**K YOU.

Please do the world a favor and crawl back into the hole you came out of.

I am a valued member of soceity and damn proud of it.
If any one is sad, its you and SAD, Pathetic cant even describe how low you are for even DARING TO STEP TO ME.
Think I couldnt come hard, f**ker think again.

And James you can put trust in God but whens the last time you put your eyes in the Bible, huh? Whens the last time you actually followed HIS word, huh? I'd like to know that.

I believe in equality and that goes for even goes for small brained imbeciles like Rugu.

MRDANCEHALL:
Posted by MRDANCEHALL | November 28, 2008 6:28 PM

FUDGE OLE F~'@KA DEM CANT GO PAST DI KILLA,GAY RITES DONT MIX WITH THE GRUNG GAD. SOM BODY EXPLAIN TO THE MOFOLA HUNGRY CHI CHI DEM -BOOM BANG KABOOM

MRDANCEHALL:
Posted by MRDANCEHALL | November 28, 2008 6:37 PM

MISS TACIOUS I GUESS U MIX WITH TALIBAN TOO COZ THEY BELIEVE IN BULLSH*T LIKE U DO.BUN A FIRE - TORONTO IT A BLAZE PON U TOO AND YOH BLOODC@#T RIGHTS U TACIOUS BETA GO A JAIL AND TALK BOUT U CUTE AND COME BACK AND TALK YOH TINGS DEM AGAIN.IF U R A PAR WITH DEM IT SIMPLY MEAN U R ONE A DEM UNO MEMBA DA TUNE DEH

rugu:
Posted by rugu | December 1, 2008 1:28 AM

oooh wow, i might have stepped on yah corn here TACIOUS!!!! how intelligent r u now?????? lol u r still a sad intelligent case to me, and i have respect for FEMALES SO I WONT EVEN BOTHER TO ADDRESS U AND YUH DIS DEM SEEN. HAVE A GREAT ONE.... YAH INTELLIGENT RETARD!!!! THERE'S A NAME FOR MY STATEMENT IN ENGLISH FIGURE IT OUT OK. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! I SEM TO HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY HIT YAH OUT THE PARK HUH???? LOL LOL LOL LOL EASY YAH MY GIRL MI WI MEK YUH LOOSE YUH WAY TRUST MI LOLOL LOL LOL LO!!!!!

UNNUKING:
Posted by UNNUKING | December 5, 2008 2:46 PM

ALL DESE LIKKLE DUTTY B*TTYMAN TRY CALL UP BOUNTY NAME........

DEAD DEM DEAD