« OutAroad Red Carpet with Kevin of the Group Voicemaill | Main | No 'Stripes' For Sumfest - The Music Has Become Too Violent and Negative »

More Developments In British Link Up Shooting

By Secret Agent
OutAroad.com Writer

british_link_up_dvd.jpgThere are more developments into the shooting at the British Link Up dance held at La Roose in Portmore (Jamaica) last month.

The St. Catherine South Police have charged one of the licensed firearm holders. He is Michael Robinson of an address in St. Andrew.

They’ve charged him with three counts of shooting with intent, assault and illegal possession of a firearm. Police sources say he was pointed out in an identification parade yesterday and has since been placed in police custody.

This is the second development in the case since the deadly incident three weeks ago.
Just this past Wednesday, one of the promoters of the dance, 34-year-old Yvonne Reid, popularly known as Lena British, pleaded guilty to breaching the Noise Abatement Act. She was fined $80,000 which she reportedly paid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

george:
Posted by george | April 5, 2008 3:33 PM

Lena British is only 34??? She looks so much older. I dont mean to talk bad but I swear she was at least 45. The smoking and bleaching dont help.

ST:
Posted by ST | April 6, 2008 5:01 PM

Dont feel bad, I also thought she was in her late 40's. Wow! I dont believe she is 34.

Posted by dancehall-r-us | April 8, 2008 10:23 AM

she looks likes she in her mid-30's to me

Mandy:
Posted by Mandy | April 8, 2008 11:05 PM

Damn, Lena looks well old, thought she was in her 40s as well. Guess thats what dancehall lifestyle leads to. She is at the top of her game though. Do what makes you happy Lena. R.I.P. to the man that lost his life and please don't let history repeat itself. Lets not turn dancehall into a gun town!

ss:
Posted by ss | April 11, 2008 8:56 AM

Not everyone in Dancehall looks as old as Lena. She has always looked old! Not everyone bleaches either. I think she just has bad skin.

I am older than her and I look good for my age. Lets face it you either have or you dont.

DEELISHA:
Posted by DEELISHA | April 11, 2008 12:44 PM

Seriously!!! My mouth was wide open when I read that Lena was only 34 years old...I thought she was in her early 40's my! my! my! guess all the flossing, partying, money, and high-roller lifestyle can't buy good genes cuz I'm 34 and I stand 5'8 and look way younger than her. On the other hand I admire her she's business savvy and I think she's an attractive woman..just saying

bob:
Posted by bob | April 18, 2008 10:59 AM

Take it from me I know lena personally (from her time in london) that girl has a heart of gold inside she is a beautiful person. But yes she does have bad skin from wearing too much make up, no she doesn't bleach and to ss, lena doesn't have any business savvy she can't hold onto money. Truly that whole bling bling lifestyle doesn't suit her she really is more classy than that. She is just a girl who wants to have fun.Big up too her and the rebirth of the british link up, and lena we always have your back in east london, love you baby.

Kerriann"African Star Manager:
Posted by Kerriann"African Star Manager | July 1, 2008 3:36 PM

those of you may not know lena personally but she is my sister, and we dont bleach, our grandmother is straight irish for your information, lena just has acne and she smokes, so it just makes it worst......drive out lena,inna yuh BRAND NEW RANGE

Mr.:
Posted by Mr. | June 11, 2009 4:10 PM

If Lena, a 34 years old. Mi a 2. From she lived a England , in the early 90's, she is 34!!!!! Maybe, she cannot count/. Poor Lena, Buju Banton, dumped her, now she a try go after BOUNTY. What happen to SKANKER? It seems like him stop BUN, her since Roy, gone pon him rost!!!!!! LENA, goes both ways on the highway. She is a MULE, that's what I was told by one of her sister from TRELAWNY. SHE IS A COUNTRY girl, a ROY Fowl bring her to town. Well she love town, though. SHe a one old woman.