« Tessanne Chin - "I always knew that I was gonna end up singing" | Main | Dancehall singer Wayne Wonder stays current on Foreva »

Dancehall Artiste Busy Signal donated over 150,000 to accident victim

busysignal_seanbrown_photos.jpgDancehall artiste Busy Signal opened up his heart and his wallet when he handed over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to accident victim Oneika Taylor and Ransford Roper, who suffers from a case of extreme bowlegs - both teenagers attend the St. Jago High School in Spanish Town (Jamaica).

A charity concert put on by the Star newspaper, to benefit these teens, was held at the high school on Wednesday October 31 and several persons from the entertainment fraternity turned out for this worthy cause.
When Busy Signal stepped out, it wasn’t only to give an exceptional performance for the persons packed tightly in the auditorium, but to present individual cheques to both students to assist in their medical expenses.
The crowd erupted in cheers and chants, screaming Signal’s name as he made the presentations.

“ I heard about these kids and I knew I had to do something to help them…they (kids) should not suffer” - Signal

Oneika was unable to attend the concert as she is still in hospital but her mother collected on her behalf. She requires reconstructive surgery on one leg and the other requires two surgical pins. Ransford walked on stage proudly as he collected his cheque which will assist in purchasing correctional braces for both legs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kee:
Posted by kee | November 4, 2007 7:18 PM

VERY GOOD JOB BUSY.
BIG UP TO U

sasha:
Posted by sasha | November 4, 2007 7:34 PM

big up you self busy signal and keep it real, you are surely one of the best and most talented members of the alliance

chads(dollybaby):
Posted by chads(dollybaby) | November 4, 2007 8:09 PM

I REALLY LOVED WHAT HE DID...GIVING TO PERSONS IN NEED..I THINK OTHER ARTISTES WHO HAVEN'T DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SHOULD CONSIDER GIVIN SOMETHING ELSE APART FROM THEIR TALENT..
BLESS UP REANNO GORDON
*KEEP DOIN WAT U DO BEST**

Sparro7:
Posted by Sparro7 | November 4, 2007 11:38 PM

Bless up Busy..not only you making hit tunes but making other life better

Izzie:
Posted by Izzie | November 5, 2007 8:25 AM

dat why i love him so inuh....bless up u self busy u a the boss

gangstab:
Posted by gangstab | November 5, 2007 9:07 AM

Boom bang bang, connec, connec wid di society mi Breda, mi love unnu still. shun di way a di p@ssy dem like Vybz Skettel weh only mek di headlines fi beat up woman. Promote di garrison people dem and lift dem up, like you dads di Ghetto gladiator, Poor people governor Bounty Killer

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 10:38 AM

nice to see a Jamaican artist giving back keep up the good work busy

phoxy:
Posted by phoxy | November 5, 2007 11:59 AM

This is what makes me proud to be JAMAICAN!

Kevan Mckenzie:
Posted by Kevan Mckenzie | November 7, 2007 9:30 AM

Bless up the most talented artist in Jamaica.
BUSY SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!! yea mi love how u ah take care of yah little youth's dem. im one myself and mi love the music u do and yur my idol in the music industry. im happy u give back to yur country JAMAICA and especially to the children. so Big up once again to BUSY SIGNAL and keep the music real and do wat u do.
BLESS 1 LUV.

Kevan Mckenzie:
Posted by Kevan Mckenzie | November 7, 2007 9:39 AM

Big up the most talented artist in Jamaica.
BUSY SUGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mi luv how u ah take care of the little youth. im one myself and I luv how u give back to yur country and especially to the children. that's why mi luv yur music and yur my idol int he music industry. so keep giving back and keep the music real and do wat u do. im in school right now (America) listening to one of yur song "jail" and it badd. so once again Big up to u and Jamaica.BLESS 1 LUV

Kevan Mckenzie:
Posted by Kevan Mckenzie | November 9, 2007 9:30 AM

BIG UP TO THE BEST DANCEHALL ATRIST "BUSY SIGNAL" I LIKE WAT U DID FOR THOSE CHILDREN. I'M ONE MY SELF AND I LIKE HOW DO YUR MUSIC. RIGHT NOW IM LISTEN TO YUR SONG "JAIL". YUR MY IDOL FOR REGGAE. SO BIG TO U AND WAT U DID. PEAC 1 LUV

Kutie:
Posted by Kutie | October 17, 2008 10:26 PM

BUSY DATS D SWEETEST TING, AW. UR SO CARING. GUD JOB. I DONT TINK ANY1 ELSE WUD HV DONE A BETA JOB DAN U! SOUND IT

shanique A.K.A hot head:
Posted by shanique A.K.A hot head | August 27, 2009 12:41 PM

big up u self busy you a the best!!!!!! and big up the whole aliance crew fi mi yuh done know a gully mi seh fi life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 7:38 PM

I love your songs. and love the way you dress . just be your self busy you are going to make it.