« Fire Pashon Blazing Hot on North American Tour | Main | Reggae singer George Nooks releases new album "So Excited" at Acropolis »

Nikki Z - Zippin up Jamaica's Hype With Style

Christopher Campbell
OutAroad.com Writer

nikkiz-zipfmhypetv-sexygirl.jpgAs one of the sexiest DJ’s on radio NIKKI Z has earned her famed personality status in the Jamaican Entertainment Industry. From being a resident DJ on the hottest FM band Zip 103 to being the host of several programs on Jamaican cable TV station HYPE TV.

Nikki Z is a true in the streets Go Getta. Her superior work ethic and ambitious charm has brought her success both locally and internationally. A native of Jamaica who resided abroad for most of her youth Nikki’s diverse personality has kept her relevant in the publics' eyes. She’s everywhere, from snatching production credits on gangsta DJ Mavado’s Symphony of David Brooks Album to doing TV commercials. Nikki represents to the fullest. A budding producer in her own right Nikki’s entrepreneurial mind set and her innovative ideas has given her a bird’s eye view of the industry. She’s well connected and is constant on the move making things happen while staying informed. It’s easy to pick the red haired dread lock empress out of a crowd. Her super sexy tanned frame delivers shock treatment but if that’s not enough her down to earth personality and straight up honesty will have you in awe. She’s s hot and doesn’t waste anytime in showing off her god given assets. A huge fan of OutARoad.com Nikki Z was excited to share her experience with us in this extended Q&A session.

OutARoad.com
“Aright Nikki talk to me about music, describe how music makes you feel.”

NIKKI Z
“Music is what keeps me alive basically, I mean everything that happens in your life. To me there’s always a song to get you out of any rut you’ve been in and for me that’s how music became a part of my life, If I was miserable and I heard music I’d just feel better. “

OutARoad.com
“Tell me how long have you been a radio DJ?”

NIKKI Z
“Officially I started in college radio in about 1998-99, right after I got out the army. “

nikkiz-zipfmhypetv-sexygirls.jpg

OutARoad.com
“You were in the army”

NIKKI Z
“Yea 4 years, specialist Duhaney reporting. Lol “

OutARoad.com
“Ok apart from being a DJ what other gigs do you have?”

NIKKI Z
“Well there’s HYPE TV I have two shows, I have Top Ten Video Countdown and I do two nights of Up and Live Monday and Wednesday and its like 3 hours of live madness and then I do my little production on the side, I came out with my first riddim it featured the Mavado song Don’t Cry which was a major hit and I have a new one called Ghost Rider that features artistes like Buju and Beenie Man, Vybez, Elephant Man, Mavado a brand new rapper called Chase Cross from Cassava Piece and some other artist, It wicked “

OutARoad.com
“How does it feel to be called a radio personality?”

NIKKI Z
“I like it but I prefer to take off Radio and just leave it as a Personality cause really and truly that’s what I am, I host shows, I host TV and I also promote parties so I’m a personality. Nikki Z“

OutARoad.com
“Rumor has it you’re an entrepreneur, is that true?”

NIKKI Z
“I am working on it, that’s really and truly why I push so hard, my major goal is to have my own business so I can make people work for me. I’m not always a person that likes to be out there, I’m a person that just wants to live a nice life, simple life. “

OutARoad.com
“How has the musical journey been so far?”

NIKKI Z
“Crazy, that’s the only way to describe it, Crazy I mean from I was a kid I use to mock commercials, I use to say mom I’m gonna be in entertainment but I just didn’t know what, she would look at me an go “yuh chat too much hush up” and I was like yea that could work, but my god father was the one that really brought me into it, he was a big promoter in Connecticut and he started promoting a lot of major shows with like Dennis Brown, Beres Hammond & Buju. It took me about 6 years to start taking it seriously. “

OutARoad.com
“Who are some of your favorite artists?”

NIKKI Z
“Locally and internationally first and foremost Nas, Nas, Nas. Did I say Nas? lol Nas, I’m a big fan of the warlord Bounty I’m a big fan of Beenie, big fan of Buju, Mavado for the new breed, Busy Signal, he’s one of my major favorites. As far as reggae goes Tarrus Riley, Queen Ifrica, Etana there a lot. “

OutARoad.com
“Our Industry is going through a transition period where a lot of our artists are doing really well, tell me how do you feel the music industry is progressing?”

NIKKI Z
“I love the way Sean Kingston and Jr. Reid represents for the Caribbean from the gate they never denied it, they always say Jamaica straight. “

OutARoad.com
“Your very informed, tell me how do you stay informed?”

NIKKI Z
“Magazines, Internet, The “E” Channel that’s my absolute favorite channel, I love Brian Secrest he’s like my idol along with Joe McHale of “The Soup”. I’ve met everybody from Magic Johnson, to Puff Daddy, to Ludacris. I’ve been there done that so I have a lot of links that will keep me informed, updates through my E mail so the Suss Link is their “

OutARoad.com
“Last Question, what’s the main goal for Nikki Z right now?”

NIKKI Z
“Honestly it’s to get a show on “E”, I’ll settle for BET or MTV but “E” is my ultimate goal, I would love to bring a show on E that is base on Dancehall, based on reggae and the Caribbean, cause so many people have tried to put Dancehall and Reggae shows out on TV and non of them have gotten it right, I’m so sorry but the closest thing when it comes to reggae TV is HYPE TV. I want to do a program where people can really see what these artists are like. Jamaica has major celebrities people just need to get to know them. “

Remember you can catch her mixing & spinning the best joints in Dancehall, Hip Hop and Pop Monday to Friday @ 6 - 10 AM on the zippiest frequency ZIP 103 FM. Check it out.

djill:
Posted by djill | September 19, 2007 7:24 PM

Big up girl I like ur style ur a role model. Big up uself, cuz u LARGE

ghetto star:
Posted by ghetto star | September 19, 2007 7:44 PM

sexy nicy a love u baby keep up the good work and continue to be a good personality.

Hotness:
Posted by Hotness | September 19, 2007 8:28 PM

gwaan niki z yuh looking fine, nuff a dem wish dem did hype like you

Roger:
Posted by Roger | September 19, 2007 10:06 PM

hot fi true, this girl is ver determine this is why she's so popular today, guh deh nikki z

Candy:
Posted by Candy | September 19, 2007 10:34 PM

this girl just popped up from out of no where and become a star in such little time, this makes me feel confident to go out there and be a go getta like nikki z.

Tae-tae:
Posted by Tae-tae | September 19, 2007 10:45 PM

I love this article big up to the writer, and nikki z keeping be determine, there will be players trying to stop you but run leave them like asafa powell

nette:
Posted by nette | September 19, 2007 10:49 PM

hey nikki i have to listen to you every morning. i love your hype. where you really in the army? i dont believe you... well anyway nuff love to you girl. i want you to big up my boyfriend clive , brother Dreada,son Jaidan and all my other relatives from Dias Hanover.big up coming from Sharnette. respect nikki.

celia:
Posted by celia | September 20, 2007 9:19 AM

wats gud be a gud girl.

Lady K:
Posted by Lady K | September 21, 2007 2:50 AM

Nikki Z is jus the best all rounded personality round here. She a do har ting, n the plp dem love it! Nikki a di boss, n i'm proud to say i've met her n she's really sweet!
Big up urself Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!

Esha*:
Posted by Esha* | September 27, 2007 3:47 PM

I truly admire Nikki Z. She seems so personable and down to earth. It's even more exciting to know that someone like her is from where I'm from. I truly look forward to meeting her and very soon,possible, working with her, because she a hard worker, and has truly blown up!!!
Big up JA, but Big up CT! Big up to Nikki too. Bless

Keno - Bob:
Posted by Keno - Bob | October 18, 2007 8:13 PM

Yow Nikki big up yah self mi love yuh bad, i listen to you every morning. Talk di thing dem!! Big up the Edgeware Crew outa Mancheter.

damion:
Posted by damion | December 21, 2007 12:55 PM

yow nikki z a the best i love her style keep doing ur thing nikki! hope u get the show on E!

shifty:
Posted by shifty | April 7, 2008 1:55 PM

Hi nikki z just stoping by to show some love an to add you to my friend list, if that's cool with you.

Markus Anthony:
Posted by Markus Anthony | April 17, 2008 11:41 AM

nicki its mark after talking to you i typed your name in oh my nicki you really grew up you look amazing coming from one who saw you in pampers it is kind of odd to picture you in thongs but i haave noo choice sexy

Posted by swabian maxwell | May 10, 2008 11:31 PM

i love u're program z u make me feel real if u know what i mean.

Posted by swabian maxwell | May 10, 2008 11:34 PM

z u're my favourite zip j

Nicole:
Posted by Nicole | June 10, 2008 3:54 PM

NIKKI UR MA NAME SAKE, LOL, BOWY A TELL U. U REALLY KEEP ME IRIE AT WORK, U REALLY KEEP US POSTED. CAUSE U KNOW SOME PEOPLE DROP OFF A THE WORLD. NIKKI KEEP DO U THING UR A STRONG EMPRESS AND A RESPECT U ALOT. KEEP IT LOCK ZZZIIIIIPPPPPP FM.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 12:59 AM

i love this web tank very much

odaine:
Posted by odaine | July 25, 2008 12:37 AM

yow mi like you alot bless up youself an keep di luv

delroy clarke:
Posted by delroy clarke | September 20, 2008 2:09 PM

nikki me want u bus me tune pon the radio a reality thing

Sean Taylor:
Posted by Sean Taylor | December 29, 2008 7:57 PM

Hey Niki Z or D!
It's Little Man aka Sean Taylor in Hartford CT.
I am still at ESPN an in January 23rd will be 3 years!
I think I am ready for a career change!
Sick of sports!
Holla at me.. my email is sean.a.taylor@espn.com I want to come to Jamaica as a video guy! yea I am ready for a career move...So yo Holla..at da kid...
Little Man the don da da..

courtney:
Posted by courtney | January 22, 2009 12:27 PM

Only great minds can read this

This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid

too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

FORWARD ONLY IF YOU CAN READ

keita powell:
Posted by keita powell | June 29, 2009 6:27 PM

bless love i miss u being so long that we havin talk.my love for u never die u special.i still feel the same like that night.u r on angel make me so known and haven't record a song yet.u r the true wife material for me.im sorry 4 the hurt take u 4 granted.love of my life.cell #3635437 anytime bless love

gates:
Posted by gates | June 19, 2010 11:25 PM

i loved your interview with black ryno it was good to get the full story i jus want to say big up to my pipps in jamaica the hed of state family from bayfarm road

greton:
Posted by greton | February 21, 2011 11:24 AM

mi waa da gal yah mi naaa lie she a work haad!!!!