« Jamaican reggae singer Lutan Fyah | Main | Useful Links - Dancehall/Reggae »

Is Britney Spears a bad mom?

britneyspears_madcrazy_beyonce-rihanna.jpgLong before would-be rapper Kevin Federline filed for primary custody of his two sons with ex-wife Britney Spears, the world was asking: "Is Britney Spears a good mom?"
Of course not.

She's immature, she can’t get the car seats in the right way (if she uses them at all), she parties instead of spending time with them and she feeds her kids junk food. And because she has money and fame, she’s scrutinized 24/7, which is why we all know she has a habit of flashing her privates for the world to see.

But Spears is hardly alone. I've had my own moments; right now I feel a little sick that I used Avent baby bottles with my first son--the daycare provider heated them to the point that the tops melted--even though I knew they leached the chemical bisphenol A.

And when I asked a few friends who all have more education, maturity, responsibility and common sense than Spears, they confessed they too have had their own Bad Mommy Moments:

* "I let my son sleep on his stomach from the day he was born."

* "My six-month-old son fell off the bed and on his head while I was checking e-mail."
* "One rainy Saturday night I came home, sober mind you, to relieve the babysitter, and because of the rain I insisted on driving her to the train station. She looked uncomfortable and said she'd be fine walking in the rain, but I insisted. Only after I had convinced her, and was returning home after dropping her off, did I realize I'd left my 4-month-old baby home alone."
* "One evening, when we were at a ranch in Montana we put my 18-month old to bed in our cabin in his crib and then took a five to ten minute walk to a campfire where the whole ranch was congregated. We spent the evening telling stories, eating s'mores and enjoying the fire. My husband went back to check on our son every half hour. There was someone in a neighboring cabin, so if he had been wailing they said they'd come get us. He always slept like a rock when put to bed, and we did not think he'd wake; I was more worried about some loopy cowboy wandering in and stealing my kid."
* I don't drink milk but poured some for my son without smelling it and didn't think to check the date. He threw up about a 1/2 hour later. The milk was bad! I felt just awful! I made my own child throw up! How he drank it, I don't know, it smelled disgusting. Ah, the innocent 2 year old."

* "My husband lets my (toddler) son sit on his lap when he drives."
* "I left my son in the car while I ran in the store."

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO READ FULL STORY: featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com

Posted by Noron | November 5, 2007 6:50 PM

Britney is a good singer! Especially i like her third album..

nina:
Posted by nina | December 9, 2007 11:34 PM

mi nuh sorry fi britney spears because she have money more than SHAR - JACKSON she walk in the girl life and tek her baby father and see sey de gal pregnant and mud-up shar-jackson the poor gal could not even watch television SHAR dont know what to tel her big kids say, britney spears dont have no heart for a woman she cold like ice , she act like a man, she fi gweh with her lion heart see she get weh de duck get FUCKKKKKKKK.

lisa:
Posted by lisa | December 9, 2007 11:40 PM

every wicked must get pay , you plant evil in SHAR- JACKSON life you must reap evil , dont expect good , what you sow is what you reap. you cant sow pepper and want to reap peas you mad .

megon:
Posted by megon | December 9, 2007 11:59 PM

bwoi mi sorry for the kids them man but britney too cold like ice. mi nuh sorry fi no star weh take wey people man like that. a better she did give him a one slap like (ANGELINA JOLIE) who ask jennifer anistan permission to give her BRAD PITT mek she give him some baby weh jennifer never want to give BRAD and you see angelina get BRAD holy and slowly. is jennifer fault she did a hold dung BRAD -PIT DREAMS and him future.

ann:
Posted by ann | December 10, 2007 1:28 PM

britney you bad lucky mi nuh sorry fi you a good you too cold.

sheca:
Posted by sheca | December 11, 2007 11:17 PM

one thing dey you last musiz sound good although me support the CD bitch is britney.

shau:
Posted by shau | June 24, 2008 11:02 AM

well nothing to tell bt dnt do tt to ur own son.u are nt gd mother nt gd actor so jst fu**k off

misty:
Posted by misty | August 6, 2008 2:56 AM

britney is definetly a big B *T C H de gal pop down an gone mi sorry the pickney dem truly.she sick in har head and she needs help fast.