Long before would-be rapper Kevin Federline filed for primary custody of his two sons with ex-wife Britney Spears, the world was asking: "Is Britney Spears a good mom?"
Of course not.
She's immature, she can’t get the car seats in the right way (if she uses them at all), she parties instead of spending time with them and she feeds her kids junk food. And because she has money and fame, she’s scrutinized 24/7, which is why we all know she has a habit of flashing her privates for the world to see.
But Spears is hardly alone. I've had my own moments; right now I feel a little sick that I used Avent baby bottles with my first son--the daycare provider heated them to the point that the tops melted--even though I knew they leached the chemical bisphenol A.
* "I let my son sleep on his stomach from the day he was born."
* "My six-month-old son fell off the bed and on his head while I was checking e-mail."
* "One rainy Saturday night I came home, sober mind you, to relieve the babysitter, and because of the rain I insisted on driving her to the train station. She looked uncomfortable and said she'd be fine walking in the rain, but I insisted. Only after I had convinced her, and was returning home after dropping her off, did I realize I'd left my 4-month-old baby home alone."
* "One evening, when we were at a ranch in Montana we put my 18-month old to bed in our cabin in his crib and then took a five to ten minute walk to a campfire where the whole ranch was congregated. We spent the evening telling stories, eating s'mores and enjoying the fire. My husband went back to check on our son every half hour. There was someone in a neighboring cabin, so if he had been wailing they said they'd come get us. He always slept like a rock when put to bed, and we did not think he'd wake; I was more worried about some loopy cowboy wandering in and stealing my kid."
* I don't drink milk but poured some for my son without smelling it and didn't think to check the date. He threw up about a 1/2 hour later. The milk was bad! I felt just awful! I made my own child throw up! How he drank it, I don't know, it smelled disgusting. Ah, the innocent 2 year old."
* "My husband lets my (toddler) son sit on his lap when he drives."
* "I left my son in the car while I ran in the store."
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO READ FULL STORY: featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com