« Jamaica's Jovi Rockwell rocks her energy towards her upcoming album | Main | Caribbean Pop/R&B star Rihanna can now be listed as a Chart Topper »

Buju Banton is no longer wanted by Gay Rights

By: Kon-Vick
OutAroad/Staff writer

buju_bantongays_sexybeyonce.jpgHardcore dancehall artiste Buju Banton joins Beenie Man and Sizzla on their campaign of not doing violent songs against any class or race. This contract is led by the Gay Rights community and their aim is to have all dancehall/reggae artistes sign this contractual agreement.

Wanted by Gay Rights
Elephant Man, TOK, Bounty Killa and Vybz Kartel are the other artistes that the Gay Rights group said needs to sign this contract in order for gay people to support their career. It is evident that since this immense campaign Jamaican artistes who were on the list of singing violent anti-gay lyrics have lost in total more than over 6 million dollars yearly.

OutAroad.com went on the road and asked the question, “Do you think Jamaican artistes should yield to Gay Rights Group, of not having the rights to do violent anti-gay lyrics?

Dumar, age: 23, “I am not a supporter for the gay people but I think both parties need to sign, meaning, I am not comfortable with gay people hugging in public because I have children and what do you think my kids will believe when they see two men hugging and kissing in public – and that is not right and I would love for the gay people to look at it from that point of view. And them damn artiste are the ones who cost this plague on themselves because you only sings about things that you are afraid to be because them are not man enough, from you know that you will not let a next stand behind you, don’t sing about these people.”

Kalvin, age: 27, I do not care about these artistes and them problems and I do not like to talk about gay people because they are waste matters, all we of to do is just leave them let them live. This is what we should do - give the gay people a country where all them stay and tell me how long you think their nasty population will last for. Man to man can’t bring forth a child like wise woman to woman.

Chevrona, age: 21, I have gay friends who likes dancehall music and all they do is support the clean songs, I think we all have the rights to say what we want to say and do what we want to do, but we should not incite violence against anyone. God gave all of us the rights to choose our way of living.

We invite you to leave a comment below

Heh:
Posted by Heh | July 24, 2007 10:00 AM

Buju join force with gays, isn't this a big surprise, him seh boom bye bye in a gay head and now him sign deal with them

Suvival:
Posted by Suvival | July 24, 2007 10:48 AM

Do whatever it takes to survive and don't follow what others have to say, if uhnu of to sign to make more then do it

carlene:
Posted by carlene | July 24, 2007 12:53 PM

well people have the right to do whatever they want, i dont have the right to tell anybody how to live their lives, my belief is that it is wrong for two men together but that is not my decission to make.

joanthan:
Posted by joanthan | July 24, 2007 1:36 PM

them artist full a crap, money is there god, i am going to see how much more of them is going to sell out for money.

jonathan:
Posted by jonathan | July 24, 2007 1:40 PM

what about voilence against woman,man and other artists no body cares about that,sellouts...

I Am:
Posted by I Am | July 24, 2007 2:30 PM

I am not in support of violence against no one, who are we to judge, there is nothing that we can do to make this world be gay free, if a man born nasty leave him to him dirty living

Stunna:
Posted by Stunna | July 24, 2007 2:31 PM

Well artiste nuh haffi incite violence but dem nuh hffi sign nothin either.. I wouldnt... Them boys not important so i'd ignore them

Chamie:
Posted by Chamie | July 24, 2007 2:56 PM

I don't know what to say, but I think we as jamaicans should support our artistes in the decisions they make, just like how the gays stick to together I think we need to stick together like how gays love sh*t

Alliance:
Posted by Alliance | July 24, 2007 3:12 PM

If I was an artiste I would not sign that contract because what happen in the past is the past, the artiste sell for money, that means them will sell themselves for anything

Nicky1:
Posted by Nicky1 | July 24, 2007 3:26 PM

Signing a piece of paper doesn't mean he is in agreement with their lifestyle. However, food de a road fe make so nothing no wrong. Buju B well versatile so him nuh affi sing songs that are bashing gays. Do way u affe do fe survive ya Buju

Nicky1:
Posted by Nicky1 | July 24, 2007 3:27 PM

Mi know TOK soon sign it too

Real Rasta:
Posted by Real Rasta | July 25, 2007 2:33 AM

what a piece a disgrace pon rasta, look how these gay people taking you guys for fools have uhno pasted up all around the place

Alitash:
Posted by Alitash | July 25, 2007 3:21 AM

Even though Spragga benz sing seh a rasta rule di world so far it seems as if is gays run this world. Buju do what you got to do

Fire Man:
Posted by Fire Man | July 25, 2007 12:03 PM

Fire bun pon Buju banton sell the rasta nation, money is the root of all evil

vincysugarmama:
Posted by vincysugarmama | September 28, 2007 3:13 PM

de love ah money is de root ah all evil- (correction). an buu b do wah yo haffi do.yo dun mek news cross de world years ago b*ttie buoy haffi d**d. f#*k dem who nah like it. love u an de music bad bad bad!!! nuff respect.

vincysugarmamma(NOLS)

I-Rasta:
Posted by I-Rasta | July 4, 2008 2:01 PM

Bob Marley was about "One love, one heart" and seeing through the lies filled with hatred that is in this world. Same philosophy is also shared with Jesus, Buddha and many other, them who Irie no kill, them no hate, them no judge, them express TRUE, UNCONDITIONAL love - THAT is Irie, now if rest of world did the same... I and I would know I-quality, WHERE NO ONE IS INFERIOR OR SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

If it wasn't for Bob Marley, Jamaica and Reggae wouldn't have been on the musical world map today - JAMAICA, LIGHTEN UP WITH FREE LOVE IN ALL!

James:
Posted by James | December 10, 2008 1:58 PM

Are these postings for real? I always thought if we bombed Jamaica into oblivion, we'd get rid of most of the homophobic attitudes in one foul swoop - or we could wait for Hurricane Katrina Part 2 and hope she pays the island a visit. It would appear Bob Marley's vision really is dead.

omar:
Posted by omar | January 8, 2009 7:51 PM

a so the thing set, if a so then a so no reason to fight anyone, Jamaicans watch people too fucking much that's why we cant reach anywhere, am personally not gay but people live there life how they want to live it.